Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*******OFFICIAL 2010 NHL DRAFT THREAD*******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Thought id get the official thread underway nice and early :D I took the night off work tonight to watch the Draft and i will be watching the draft and commenting on it at the same time, right here on FCB and in this thread!!! So if you plan and watching the draft, which is being broadcast from Los Angeles, California, which starts at 7PM EST, 4PM Pacific and 5PM in the Rocky Mountains and is on Versus in the US and TSN in Canada, stop by and join myself and im sure many others and we will have our own little Draft Party right here!!!woot.gifwoot.gif

jump.gif

Chances are i will also hold a decent contest for all the members that are gonna be here on the Hockey boards during the draft as well. Im unsure of the prize and contest at this time, but i will think of something tomorrow. Will probably bust some SP Authentic while the draft is on as well.

Here is great preview from NHL.com on tonights entry draft from Los Angeles...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5326 ... L|NHL|home

To get the conversation going does anyone have a favorite draft year? As in a draft year that several players came out of that you are a fan of, or even maybe collect several players out of one particular draft year?

Back when i was younger i loved the 1990 draft. That was the year that Owen Nolan, Petr Nedved, Keith Primeau, Mike Ricci and Jaromir Jagr all went in the top 5. All those players went on to have pretty successful NHL careers. I dont think i will ever collect the insane amount of RCs, that i did, from that one draft year again :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I will be right here in this thread with you Bilko for the Draft tonight.

I have two Drafts that are my favorites.

2003 after the horrific 2002-03 season (27-44-6) the Penguins had they received the Number 1 pick in the Draft. for a few months there was much talk about whether the Pens would pick Marc-Andre Fleury or Eric Staal. both of them would be a great choice and either one of them was going to be a huge part in turning the Penguins recent woes around. since then I have been a huge fan of both players. when I got back into collecting in 2006 I decided I would put my main focus of hockey collecting towards Fleury and Staal.

1990 the 1990 Draft was the first time I paid attention to the Draft. all the hype surrounding who would go first had me very excited to see who the Penguins would end up with at the 5th pick and I was very excited when it was Jagr (who I believe turned out to be the best pick in that Draft). there wasn't much of a hockey card market in Pittsburgh back then but after the Pens picked Jagr there were hockey cards at both hobby shops in my area and at every store you would walk into. of course 1990 was also the start of the downfall of the hockey card market.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
pretty interesting facts from the 2003 Draft...

4 Draftees are now team captains
6 have lead their teams in scoring
3 have played major roles on Stanley Cup Winning Teams
9 have been All Stars
2 scored 40+ goals
1 was a Norris finalist
15 Olympians
5 members of the 2010 Canadian Gold Medal Team

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
The Sabres are holding a draft party down at the arena tonight which I might attend. It sounds like they are going to have good sales at the Sabre store, locker room tours, current/former players signing autos.

I was able to attend the 98 draft which was pretty cool. I was younger so I didn't appreciate as much as I would now. Lecavalier, Legwand went 1. 2. that year. They were giving out 97-98 Pinnacle Hockey Cards in a Can. I also got my picture with the cup. It was funny they had the cup at a local mall where I stood in line for over 3 hours to get my picture taken with it and at the draft I had to only wait for a few people. Jay Mckee was signing which is still one of my most favorite autos/cards in my collection.
autos006.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
I will be right here in this thread with you Bilko for the Draft tonight.

SWEET!!!!! Talk to you tonight then, im off to the mall and the card shop for abit :D

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Just got home from my LCS :D

Will be busting one of the SPA boxes tonight during the draft. The other box is for Troy (Da Fish) for winning the FCB Playoff pool.

2i6k43.jpg

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I think the trade-news is going to be big tonight. I put the over/under on trades during the draft at 4.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
G $MONEY$ said:
Keith Ballard to the Canucks for the Nucks first rounder is breaking news on Sportsnet right now.

Luongo better watch out.

nice pickup for the Canucks.

The Canucks also had to give up Steve Bernier i just heard.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
Wow, everyone is out in Edmonton. RexHall place was just packed!! :eek:

Is that normal? All those people are there for 1 pick right? Or is that what they do in Canada for the NHL Draft?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":3o7q4p6m]Wow, everyone is out in Edmonton. RexHall place was just packed!! :eek:

Is that normal? All those people are there for 1 pick right? Or is that what they do in Canada for the NHL Draft?[/quote:3o7q4p6m]

there are quite a few teams that are also holding Draft Parties tonight the New York Islanders, the New York Rangers, the Blue Jackets, Predators, Thrashers, Sabres, Blues, Hurricanes, and Coyotes.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":2cmh60dk]Wow, everyone is out in Edmonton. RexHall place was just packed!! :eek:

Is that normal? All those people are there for 1 pick right? Or is that what they do in Canada for the NHL Draft?[/quote:2cmh60dk]

Well its a Draft party. Most Canadian cities have them for the NHL draft and so do a bunch in the US as well. Extra people turned out in Edmonton because they have the #1 pick. The WHOLE city of Edmonton is so hyped for this pick. Edmomton lives and dies Hockey

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts