Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB-7/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Young 1-6 HR(17) SB(19) BB..he's gonna be a 30/30 guy easy this season.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AKA Coastal said:
Jaypers said:
Alvarez 2 HR (7)

That's 4 in his past 2 games.

Yea, he's in beast mode. Have you noticed his Razor cards moving up?

Slightly. I'll wait until that becomes "noticeably" before I part with the one below.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Unless Strasburg has a big fall-off, I agree it's his to lose. Especially if he keeps getting the Wins he wasn't getting his first coupla times out.

And the Oswalt price went up a little higher for Philly, if they can get him in the first place, as they lose 5-1, making it 6 of 7 in the Loss column. The one they did win, Saturday, was a 9th inning mess gift-wrapped by the Cubbies. Ugh.

Jan 15, 2009
scotty21690 said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
scotty21690 said:
Jaypers said:
Alvarez 2 HR (7)

That's 4 in his past 2 games.
WOW!

Does have any chance for ROY or no?

Not with Posey...
Didn't think so....

BTW you need to update your Cy Young race stats ;)
Yeah, I do lol

It's either Posey or Strasburg; Posey has the edge now since he is an elite hitter and since he is a catcher that gives him a premium

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
Delmon Young 3-5 2B and 3 RBI. He stands at 67 RBI. I wish Gardy would leave him in the #3 spot.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
nikateen said:
Delmon Young 3-5 2B and 3 RBI. He stands at 67 RBI. I wish Gardy would leave him in the #3 spot.
He looks nice in that spot, and he's been incredibly good in clutch situations this season. (Whether that's a statistical anomaly is up for debate.)

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
nikateen said:
He looks nice in that spot, and he's been incredibly good in clutch situations this season. (Whether that's a statistical anomaly is up for debate.)

A little bit of an anomaly but not much. Everytime he is up with runners in scoring position I feel like he is going to come through. Delmon looks exactly like the 18 year old kid who tore up the minors. He lost 30 pounds this offseason and rededicated himself. He has carried the Twins on his back this month (pretty much all year for that matter with Morneau).

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
nikateen said:
Topnotchsy said:
nikateen said:

A little bit of an anomaly but not much. Everytime he is up with runners in scoring position I feel like he is going to come through. Delmon looks exactly like the 18 year old kid who tore up the minors. He lost 30 pounds this offseason and rededicated himself. He has carried the Twins on his back this month (pretty much all year for that matter with Morneau).
He's been doing great, but the possible anomaly is his performance in the clutch which is far better than his season line (which itself is very solid.) It is nice to see him coming around (and kudos to Eric [can't remember his id exactly]) for buying many of my Delmon's before the season. I did not have the foresight to see him doing this well.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Superfractor said:
No comment on the loss - meh. I suppose I can be optimistic about tomorrow? Considering we make Cy Young opponents looks like no-names: we'll be carving up Johnson, tomorrow? Sigh...
2 bad innings (I missed them so I don't know what exactly happened) to start off the game is rough. I just hope the bats get going earlier tomorrow.

Members online

Latest posts