Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 National--My Take on things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey folks. I just got in a few minutes ago from a long drive back from Baltimore. I have so many things to say and talk about that it may take a few posts on here to get it all in. First of all, let me start with this.........I would like to say THANK YOU to the entire staff of FCB for allowing me to attend this years show. Without your assistance, I wouldn't have made it. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. There are some more thank yous I would like to hand out...

Ken(Mox)--thank you to you and your wife for the extreme hospitality for the entire preshow/show/post show festivities and accomodations
Alan(phillyfan0417)--Alan, I don't know what I would have done without you providing that "fatherly" guidance during the show
Chris(Chris Levy)--Chris, it was a pleasure meeting you and I really do appreciate the very nice birthday gift in the Zimmerman patch/auto card!
Randy Shields(same username)--Randy, as always you were a class act from the start. Thank you so much for the deal and also for the birthday gift! Great times my friend!
Andrew(AllinCards)--a class act! It was great spending time with you and getting to know you in person rather than watching all the great breaks you do on Ustream. But why did you grab my ass before you left?
Wes(LLWesman)--dude, thanks for the laughs and keeping me straight. I've been inspired to start wearing a fedora
Jim(BowmanChromeAddict)--great to finally meet you and not get my ass beat for all the cheap shots about the Phillies
Adam(NECPilgrims)--dude, you need to be in MMA! Thanks for letting me chat and BS with ya for a while!
Rob(beefy)--thank you so much for the cards and the hats. I rocked the black Falmouth hat all week! Had to do some shameless promo work for the Commodores!
Eric(thosebackpages)--brother, its been a LONG time coming to get to meet you. I'm so glad you decided to spend the day with us and I hope you had a blast! Can't wait to do it again!

Everyone else--trademhigh, ryanhoward06, Johan Santana, Big Alexx, BigMacMcGwire, and all the other members--it was great to meet you guys and I was extremely impressed with how you all carried yourselves in person! Definitely some of the classiest members on these boards and in the hobby!

Now, here is what I know. This year's show was a blast! I think the consensus from many of the dealers and vendors was that it was a hit with collectors.

VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE--so much in fact that I kinda got sick of looking at all the amazing old cards that were out there. And I love the old cards!
Pricing--Pricing was high for many singles but deals were to be had if you were patient and willing to negotiate. I hope those that attended found SOME sort of bargain

Beckett--Chris Olds was a class act again this year. He is very down to earth and was more than willing to listen to what we had to say about Beckett's magazines and pricing.

MORE to come when I get some rest! I HAVE to talk about my Strasburg Heritage experience. ;) See you guys in a bit!

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Blanning, it was a pleasure meeting you in the Nationals along with Gilmore. I have heard a lot of good things regarding to FCB booth. What a fine group of professional and compassionate people.

I hope to be part of FCB for the whole year til I see you guys in Chicago. A perfect excuse to take my wife there, as long as she leaves me alone with you guys for a bit!!! :D

Thanks for your comments on my great pulls on Wednesday. And I did also pull more nicer cards yesterday, and I will scan and post them tonight. ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Brian
Glad you had a good time again this year, look forword to your report on the National. I hope to see you in Chicago
next year.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Fun as usual to all of you who came out to Baltimore, checked out the live feed and/or the boards.

See everyone again in Chicago.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Glad you had a good time Brian. Hopefully you got to see everything that you wanted to at the show. Any regrets about passing on a card that you wanted but didnt shell out the funds for?

There are a lot of guys on these boards that I have come to know, and would love to sit down to a few beers with. Unfortunately (or fortunately ;) ) I Christened my son this past weekend and was unable to take the 4 1/2 ride from NYC. I wish it was another year or another Atlantic City convention so I could come hang out. The kids are getting older (except for the new one) ;) , and should be able to slip out for the future ones. Glad to see the FCB guys treating each other like family, because that's what its like here...family. :grouphug:

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I traveled solo to Baltimore this year but this was the most fun I've had at a show by a long shot. And it was because of the FCB booth and members. You guys are amazing and the stuff you are doing for the hobby (and from a selfish perspective - for me) have been a shot in the arm. From the O's game, to having a place to decompress during the long days, to having beers at Shula's, I can't thank everyone enough for taking care of me and being someone to share the hobby with. Long live FCB!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
LLWesMan said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Blan, since you and I had spoken at length in the past, it was great to finally meet you in person.

Cant wait to do it again!

Did you change your name to Alan!?

Blan has started a wave of confusion!

I've had like 5 PM's from people apologizing for calling me tim.

It's Tim, Blan is a confusion causing bastage!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
LLWesMan said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Blan, since you and I had spoken at length in the past, it was great to finally meet you in person.

Cant wait to do it again!

Did you change your name to Alan!?

Blan has started a wave of confusion!

I've had like 5 PM's from people apologizing for calling me tim.

It's Tim, Blan is a confusion causing bastage!

I even mentioned to Blann that he should call you Tim Alan :D

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the shout out Brian ... oh wait. :)

Since you gave me cards over the weekend, it's all good.

I had a great time at the show. Even though I talked to to maybe two people from FCB (Gilmore and Witmer on Twitter) before the show, I had a great time with everyone and plan to be around here more often.

Good times. I had a lot of laughs.

-Sooz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts