Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Perk, Prospects, and a US Senator (TwinsFest!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Well, to sum up today in one word... AWESOME.

Our day started with getting lost in the Cities (and seeing the MetroBowl), we get there much later than I had planned. We got there and my dad dropped us off. We stood in the Mauer line thinking that's the line to get in :lol:

We quickly realized we were wrong.

I bought a mini-helment, an OMLB, and headed out. I first got Perk on the SP ::facepalm:: of the OMLB (I was going to ask sweet spot but he took it too fast and signed it too quick). Butera and Repko on the helmet.

Then, we had to swing over to the prospect line to get Knudson on the helmet. I was wearing my Gopher shirt and Knudson noticed. He said "I like your shirt" and I replied "I like it too, it was a good game" and he said "Too bad we lost"

We spent a lot of time in the prospect line... since I got Perk, I only went in the Neshek line (w/ Burnett and Dunsieng) and Roy Smalley and Tim Laudner (sorry for spelling, I feel like crap and am trying to push through this).

We went to Al Newman's booth and each donated $10 to get a signed ball (he signed mine twice :lol: ) and bag, and we asked him to sign out helmet and bat.

Here was my favorite part:

We were on the floor and I see a crowd of people, so I look over, and see a woman having her pic taken with a guy. I knew he was familiar, but I couldn't put a name to the face. I soon realized it was US Senator Al Franken who had come to enjoy the day at the NSC. I got him on my helmet :D (please, no political arguing in ma thread).

My friends biggest story:

He has this bat he got in 06 that he wanted to fill up. So I took him through the lines to do that. He got full of himself and started following players/security around asking for autos. He failed except for John Gordon and... Jim Kaat (FYI, he isn't a grapher, and he doesn't understand how things work). He went up to Jim and asked for his graph. He said that he had to ask someone else, so he did, and HE said you have to ask someone else... so he did. He got permission. Well, for you MN people, Dawn Stevens had just done an interview with him at Bob Feller's table, and was still there with her camera man. She got a vid of him signing the bat, and the signatures on it (that include Perk's :D Yes, that was my doing having him get that one). Because he got Jim's auto, I didn't want to bother him, but now he is going to be on FOX9 tomorrow night. I don't think I am in any shots, but I was there. Dawn said it should be on around 10:15 tomorrow night, if anyone wants to see the project I have been helping him with.

I will get a complete list of autos in the morning, I need some sleep...

Oh yeah... we saw Mauer :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
As far as cards, I really only bought some Perk singles that I needed (base and minis). This one guy was trying to sell me $4 autos for $12 ::facepalm::

I bought a couple garunteed grab bags, and played spin the wheel, where I won a bunch of crap (and an AJ Burnett RC, with the sticker on the toploader from March of 2007. He wanted $50 for the card :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Some guy also had an entire box of pre-70's for 3 for a buck, so I bought 9 cards. One had writing on the back but it was a RC from 1960, one was Eddie Yost :D , one was Dick Donovan, and a few 1958's. These were LOW grade. There was one in the box that was burned a bit :lol:

My dad bought a hat and had Scotty Baker sign it for $5 (auto was $5, hat was $15. He bought the hat quick because it was a booth that had him and he was getting up to leave).

Here is what I can make out on my helmet (I will look at the schedule later to get a full list:

Non Sport: Al Franken
Former: Al Newman, Roy Smalley, Tim Laudner
Current: Jason Repko, Drew Butera, Alex Burnett, Brian Dunsing, Pat Neshek
Prospects:
Kyle Knudson
Kyle Gibson
Kyle Waldrop
David Bromberg
Chris Parmalee
Cole Devries
Alex Wimmers
Joe Benson
Mark Dolenac (??????)
and one I can't make out. I can remember him signing it, as his pen was crusty and I was going to offer him mine... I will look later

OMLB: Perk (SP)
Generic baseball (are these called Trumps?): Al Newman, personalized x 2

Members online

Latest posts