Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB's Thoughts On Bid Boards:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Anyone's LCS boast a bid board? I think it's a great idea to get foot traffic but I'd like to know what people's experiences have been bidding/selling/collecting. Any thoughts are appreciated.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
The LCS down the street runs one here. I like it as I usually can get a good to great deal on lesser prospects. Also, many of the regulars are older guys who are hard core set and player collectors who don't use eBay. The shop takes a 40 percent cut though. I usually sell older cards, extras from eBay and local players. There are certain cards that sell well above eBay. Last week I sold a bob friend 52 bowman for $30, and 4 52 bowman commons for $36. I bought 43 of these in a lot for $100 on eBay.

Two years ago I got a bumgarner xfractor auto for $5.00. This year I got a Shelby miller chrome auto for $6. I also got a gaby Sanchez gold refractor 2007 chrome rookie for $7.00
This is probably the best bid board I've seen and I believe it's the only one in Phoenix. The auction run one on we'd. And two on sat.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Shop on Reseda and Plummer has one. I'm yet to bid on anything but it looks like it gets good traffic. Still haven't come across a card I really want though, lots of inserts and vintage. They take 10%. Seems like you could get more for Lakers/Dodgers on the board then ebay though.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
To the poster who mentioned the shop that charges 40% for bid board listings...the last time you walked in there should be the last time you ever frequent that store.

Some shops still have success with bid boards, others have success with trade nights, but either way if they are generating foot traffic it should be a good thing for the hobby.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Thanks for the comments.

So the people with the "negative" comments about bid boards, if you saw a bid board in your local card shop, you'd ignore it completely? I find that hard to believe.

40% seems reaaaaly steep, 10% is much more reasonable.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
rico08 said:
Thanks for the comments.

So the people with the "negative" comments about bid boards, if you saw a bid board in your local card shop, you'd ignore it completely? I find that hard to believe.

40% seems reaaaaly steep, 10% is much more reasonable.
Even 20% is reasonable. 40% tho? And you're happy with that?

ebechols

Jan 20, 2011
Montgomery, AL
I agree 40% is ridiculous. My LCS has a trade day once a month, other than that they don't promote the sports cards at all. I wouldn't mind a bid board, and would definitely take a look at some cards.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
It seems like a great idea. I've never actually seen one but I've heard about them. Most the people I have talked to about them seem to love them for buying. I don't know about the selling, as the card visibility is limited to the people that go into the shop (and look at the bid board).

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
There used to be a trading night before my LCS went out of business. I think the only way they stayed in business as long as they did was because a few 1/1's were pulled there incuding a Clemente auto, so people thought their boxes were hot!!

Members online

Latest posts