Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Cabrera charged with DUI in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Maybe we should have helped him instead of suspending. All the signs that he had a problem were there...

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
http://www.freep.com/article/20110217/S ... |FRONTPAGE

FORT PIERCE, Fla. — Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has been arrested on drunken driving charges in Florida.

The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says the 27-year-old's car engine was smoking alongside a road late Wednesday when a deputy spotted the vehicle.

According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy.

Police say Cabrera repeatedly refused to cooperate, saying, "Do you know who I am, you don't know anything about my problems."

In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the American League Central Division title to the Twins.

Cabrera posted $1,350 bond and was released today.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Maybe we should have helped him instead of suspending. All the signs that he had a problem were there...
:eek:

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
gvsu96 said:
http://www.freep.com/article/20110217/SPORTS02/110217016/Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-charged-DUI-Fla-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

FORT PIERCE, Fla. — Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has been arrested on drunken driving charges in Florida.

The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says the 27-year-old's car engine was smoking alongside a road late Wednesday when a deputy spotted the vehicle.

According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy.

Police say Cabrera repeatedly refused to cooperate, saying, "Do you know who I am, you don't know anything about my problems."

In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the American League Central Division title to the Twins.

"Took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy". Probably not the smartest thing to do.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jmill88 said:
gvsu96 said:
http://www.freep.com/article/20110217/SPORTS02/110217016/Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-charged-DUI-Fla-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"Took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy". Probably not the smartest thing to do.

He was quoted as saying "I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch...."

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
gvsu96 said:

Man, he took a swig in front of the deputy? That's hardcore.

If I was in the Detroit front office, I wouldn't let my 20 million per year investment go anywhere without someone keeping an eye on him.

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
Ignoring the alcoholism aspect of things, I don't understand why rich athletes and celebrities ever drive anywhere they're even going to have one drink. You've got the money... get a cab. Hell, hire a driver.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
archiebunkerjr said:
gvsu96 said:

Man, he took a swig in front of the deputy? That's hardcore.

If I was in the Detroit front office, I wouldn't let my 20 million per year investment go anywhere without someone keeping an eye on him.

Reportedly he did that while blasting "Killing in the name" by Rage against the machine.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
gvsu96 said:

heres your sign :lol:

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
beefycheddar said:
braden said:
Leagues should treat DUIs with as much, if not more severity than PED usage.

DUI's never break records.

They just kill people.

True, but do they effect the game? Since that is all the rules of the game mandate over.

I am not saying that DUI isn't bad, but there are already penalties for them called laws, it's not the role of sports to work over that.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Street cred:

a30a4034-66ce-4e05-aa79-b64aa701d307-big.jpg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
CraigsCards1 said:
Ignoring the alcoholism aspect of things, I don't understand why rich athletes and celebrities ever drive anywhere they're even going to have one drink. You've got the money... get a cab. Hell, hire a driver.
that just goes to show what type of I.Q. these MORONS have!
New limo $200,000 , 4 full time Chauffeurs $200,000 a year, Moron that makes 20MIL a year and getting a DUI and lucky they did not kill someone. PRICELESS!

Members online

Latest posts