Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grienke out 4-6 Weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Boo.
Greinke admits fractured rib playing basketball. Hurt self falling after going for rebound.
apparently it happened 2 weeks ago?

My first reaction, and I doubt it'll change, is: That's Stupid.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
cgilmo said:
James52411 said:
thefasterblade said:
Why is it stupid?

It is stupid to potentially cost your team a playoff berth by engaging in risky recreational physical activities.

Pickup basketball games are pretty common in the pre season.

You want your athletes to be active.

I see your point and you can potentially get injured doing everyday activities, but I'd rather my pitchers exclusively utilize the workout programs developed by the team trainers.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
James52411 said:
thefasterblade said:
Why is it stupid?

It is stupid to potentially cost your team a playoff berth by engaging in risky recreational physical activities.

Why is it stupid? He hurt himself 2 weeks ago. Didn't say anything. Worked through 2 starts (not good ones) and now has himself shelved for 4-6 weeks. He even made a comment earlier about the importance of everyone staying healthy.

Why play a basketball game with such intensity as to break your ribs? He should be thinking about the first series against the Reds, who I believe are our biggest competition for the Central.
I'm all for staying active - and there are plenty of ways to do it without breaking any bones.

Hell, Greinke himself said it was stupid. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/117613253.html

As far as I know, there really isn't a 5th starter option. Certainly not any that wouldn't make me cringe.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Could be worse, at least he wasn't being beaten by the cops after resisting arrest or in a bar fight. It was dumb, yes. Could be a much worse situation. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
cgilmo said:
James52411 said:
thefasterblade said:
Why is it stupid?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/27/sports/baseball-boone-s-injury-could-cost-him-his-contract.html

remember aaron boone? they voided his contract. but we got arod ;)

CheeseHead12

Mar 8, 2011
I know it sounds stupid but I am not that worried at the moment. I am glad as a Brewers fan to have Greinke on our squad. I just hope he doesnt flop like Suppan.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Basketball is a good workout. A lot of players play in the off season to stay in shape. The stupid thing was waiting two weeks to get it checked out.
Didnt Alomar hurt himself playing basketball as well?

Members online

Latest posts