Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS mailday - the good the bad and the ugly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metz1405

Sep 10, 2008
so i tryed out my first ever attempt at submitting cards i did alright could of done better.

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

004-1.jpg

im going to have to try and re sub this
005.jpg

same with this one i looked at the surface and i saw nothing to make me think it would get an 8.5
005-1.jpg

i had a MG of 9 on this and i didnt even get that guess i need my eyes checked lol.

Metz1405

Sep 10, 2008
DaProspectKid said:
How are you looking at the surfaces??

i got a bright led light and a loupe i use to look at them. can you see anything on the cox or sanchez based on the scan ?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Not bad.
Did you wipe them down or clean the surface at all or just look at them?

I myself just submitted my first 2 submissions (10 day & 20 day).
I cleaned all of mine regardless. I'm hoping for much more Gold.

Metz1405

Sep 10, 2008
Russ S. said:
Not bad.

I only looked at them i was worried I would do something to them but I also just sent a 20 card order where I wiped down everything So well see what that does

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
Metz1405 said:
Russ S. said:
Not bad.

I only looked at them i was worried I would do something to them but I also just sent a 20 card order where I wiped down everything So well see what that does

Trying use a strong black Light Lamp and wipe everything down the smallest fingerprint will hurt the grade.

Metz1405

Sep 10, 2008
DaProspectKid said:
Metz1405 said:
Russ S. said:
Not bad.

Trying use a strong black Light Lamp and wipe everything down the smallest fingerprint will hurt the grade.

Alright

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
autorook said:
Im curious as to how you guys properly clean a card's surface without hurting its grade ...

Oakley sunglass bag, and if you have light surface scratches use windex with terry cloth, deeper scratches toothpaste with terry cloth.

Metz1405

Sep 10, 2008
jjj7880 said:
autorook said:
Im curious as to how you guys properly clean a card's surface without hurting its grade ...

Oakley sunglass bag, and if you have light surface scratches use windex with terry cloth, deeper scratches toothpaste with terry cloth.

I should just send my cards for u to clean haha how ya been man

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Metz1405 said:
jjj7880 said:
autorook said:

I should just send my cards for u to clean haha how ya been man

Ive been great and yourself? I haven't done much with cards lately though. Started my bachelors degree 3 weeks ago so been doing school work.

Metz1405

Sep 10, 2008
Im doing alright just getting back into it that's awesome about school though btw what do you think i should do about that cox I no ur good at that stuff

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I know I'm beating a dead horse but how were any of those cards you sent NOT as nice as the 9.5 Beckett gave that Strasburg super.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Metz1405 said:
Im doing alright just getting back into it that's awesome about school though btw what do you think i should do about that cox I no ur good at that stuff

I would crack it out of the case and clean it up with a nice oakley sunglass bag. If you see no scratches on it and all you need to do is clean it up and you should at least get a 9 on it. No reason to not get a 9 on the surface. Even if I don't see any finger prints or anything else I still wipe it down and be careful when putting it in the penny sleeve and card saver. Good luck if you decide to re-submit it.

Members online

Latest posts