Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sad Day...Pretty much leaving the hobby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I havent been on these boards very long, but I have been an active member of the community for awhile and have known many of you guys for a long time through Beckett and other forums. I received some pretty horrendous personal news today, and I have also lately grown pretty fed up with dealing with an increasing number of shady people in this hobby. I will be moving all of my stuff either through these boards or through ebay during the next month or two leading into ST. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made this hobby enjoyable and who completed deals with me.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Hope everything works out for you. You were a GREAT addition to the trading portion of these boards, would be great if you stuck around longer.
Take care man

Zach

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Good luck, if you sell the Price or any big cards and need any sort of plug on my site, let me know I feature a lot of auctions.

qualitycards94

Dec 1, 2008
It's a shame your leaving man, you are one of the decreasing number of respectable people left, good luck with the personal problem, I wish the best for you.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Snyper said:
What happened?

I found out that my mom has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I have always been extremely close with her, and although she would NEVER ask for anything, I want to take some time off from work and take my parents on an unforgettable few weeks of vacation.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Jays_Cards said:
Snyper said:
What happened?

I found out that my mom has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I have always been extremely close with her, and although she would NEVER ask for anything, I want to take some time off from work and take my parents on an unforgettable few weeks of vacation.

What type of cancer? I ask a lot of questions.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jay, we didnt know each other, but exchanged some chat via Jay Bruce.

This is all just cardboard after all, not real life.

i am sorry to hear of your horrendous news and hope that in the end, all is well.

Take Care Brother, we cardboard geeks will always be here for you, when you need us.

-Eric

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Damn, so sorry to hear dude! I want to thank you for the trade we had and trying to work something out for your porcello (which I still want, lol).

Take care Jordan,
Jg

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
Snyper said:
What happened?

That's terrible to hear. But what you intend to do sounds wonderful. Perhaps a fantastic memory you share with your folks will help you get through your future tough times. Remember you can always use these boards for non-card related support too.

Justin

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jays_Cards said:
Snyper said:
What happened?

Horrible news indeed.

i lost my fiance to Cancer going on 6 years ago.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Hate to see you go man, loved seeing your sig. Hope everything is going alright for you. Take care.

Casey

Edit: Just saw what you posted, so sorry to hear that. I think your parents will greatly appreciate what your doing. I wish I had the funds to help you move your inventory right now.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
Snyper said:
What happened?

Sorry to hear this horrible news. It seems cancer touches everyone at some point in time. Cancer has tore thru my family. There is nothing more important then family and friends. I wish your family nothing but the best. You are a quality member here. I understand what you are saying about some in the hobby. it is a great thing you are doing here. Best of luck to you.

Members online

Latest posts