Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughs on base card organization...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

I have about 6-8 full binders of base cards. I organize these cards according to the team the player is on. If a player is traded I drag his cards over to the team he got traded to section. I had my base cards like this for 2-3 years and when I get new base cards I sort them into the appropriate team section. This type of organization has become a pain in the ass when looking for certain cards. I find cards of retired players burried under other cards and the whole thing has gotten to be a mess. I have a shelf of about 2000 basecards 1999-2011 that still havent been organized into the team binders.

I wanna go with something new and i'm thinking about organizing the cards alphabetically. All the "A's" in one section and so on. I also want to put players like Walter Young and Phil Dumatrait into a seperate series of boxes where players of those "caliber" :lol: will be. I also want to put retired players into a seperate series of boxes.

So in a way I'll have my cards organized from Atkins to Zambrano in binders in order, i'll have random awful players in a box, and i'll have retired players in another series of boxes.

Does anyone organize this way? Does this sound okay?

Thanks! :D

G

I sort them chronologically by set. That way I can check my database and know right where everything is. That way I don't have to deal with players changing teams or where to store multi-player cards.

RandomH

Chris Levy said:
I sort them chronologically by set. That way I can check my database and know right where everything is. That way I don't have to deal with players changing teams or where to store multi-player cards.
I thought about doing that but there are sets that I only have maybe 3 cards from.

G

RandomH said:
Chris Levy said:
I thought about doing that but there are sets that I only have maybe 3 cards from.

That's fine. Just makes it easier.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
Chris Levy said:

I do the same. Even if I have one pack of a product it gets it's own spot/header in a box

G

scooter2374 said:
Chris Levy said:

I do the same. Even if I have one pack of a product it gets it's own spot/header in a box

+1 only way I could conceive of doing it, really.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
I have everything A-Z in boxes it took 8 months to sort it, I have gu/inserts in there too just no autos-those are seperate. We did it that way so its easy for spring training and fall league. I just dont know how to put the multi player cards for guys that are still living, all the dec. players are sorted by the living player (if applicable) but if no living player is on a multi card it just goes in a box with the rest of the team/multi cards. It's been easy for me this way over the last few years but it takes forever to pull a bunch of guys for S/T and during the season too for diamondback games

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Get a couple of those 1000 count cardboard boxes. That will be faster than filling up 9-card pages, and they're much easier to move around if you change the way you organize them.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I am currently reorganizing my base cards alphabetically.

Of course, I have my completed and partially completed sets in binders, but for the hundreds of random base cards I have lying around, I hope that keeping them alphabetically organized will allow me to find cards of them more quickly, especially for autographing purposes.

I previously had them sorted out by the team that they were labeled with on the card, but when I ever have to look for a guy like Kenny Lofton, I have had to dig through like 10 different teams. :lol:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I had 500,000 , sorting that many took many evenings watching tv . I deal with player collectors which this makes it very easy .

Members online

Latest posts