Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Experience-Greensboro, NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
Bryce Harper's Hagerstown Suns came through town yesterday and I had a very good experience with him. They let us into the stadium about 10 mins early and everyone gathered around the tunnel where the players go into the clubhouse. Right after the Suns ended batting practice, the starters took infield/outfield. Harper has a cannon, but it seemed like his throws always tailed a bit off from the target...not sure if he was just being lazy, but it was just something I noticed. About 10 mins later they ended and Harper grabbed his bats and came in. He stopped right when he got into the tunnel area and signed 4 autographs. Luckily, it was right where my brother and I were so we were both able to get a Harper signed ROMLB. He even sweet spotted it! He didn't say anything while he was signing, but it seemed like he had no problem doing it.

During the game the Greensboro starter seemed to be pretty scared of Harper as the first 5 pitches he threw to him (spanning his first and second at bat) were in the exact same spot (high and outside). His first at bat he walked, second at bat he grounded to short and almost beat it out, third at bat he homered to left-center field on a 3-2 count after fouling off 3 pitches and the ball cleared a sign out there, and in his forth at bat he doubled and then stole third. Greensboro ended up winning because they stranded Harper (the tying run) on third after having him there with no outs in the eighth.

After the game the players walked out of the dugouts and went to the tunnel into the clubhouse. Harper stopped in the exact same spot as he did before (seems, from what I have read, that he picks a certain spot at ballparks and will sign a few there everyday) and signed a good 20-30 autographs, which was very nice of him. I've never seen anyone sign that many autographs post-game before they have even gotten into the clubhouse so I was pretty surprised. I was able to get him again on a notepad (didn't bring anything else for him because I though I would only have the chance to get one). He signed it pretty big, so I might get it framed with a picture or something!

All in all, Bryce seemed very nice and he by far signed more autographs than any player there!

-ROB

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Large crowd at game and i'm glad to get home - drive 90 minutes one way . Not even close to getting auto .

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I'm trying to make the trip up to Hagerstown before he gets promoted to Potomac or Harrisburg.

Where do you guys get the ball for him to sign? Any recommendations? Also, recommendations on pens?

I've never been to a minor league game before, so I'd appreciate any tips on getting an auto.

markcorrigan

Dec 17, 2010
I'm going tommorow! I really hope I get him, as it is a long drove for me! Where did you sit man? I got seats right by the tunnel, so I should be good!

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
debated on heading out there to see the hoopla... decided to sit this one out though. glad to hear you had a good experience.... other than hating the announcer/name/logo, I enjoy heading to the ballpark here

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
get there early !!!! parked across from stadium $5.00 . Had standing room only tickets and sat at tables section 114 . Worth the 90 minute drive . We did get to talk to former Crawdad now playing for Hagerstown . Son took some nice pictures will post later .
BTW i don't use a cane - i carry a baseball bat and know how to swing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts