Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Column Coming Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Chris asked me at the National if I were willing to do some freelance writing for him. We'll figure out the terms later but just to give you an idea -- I will be doing occassional columns split amongst three topics.

1) Old School Hobby Stories: The first one of these will be a recap of the greatest one day show I ever set up at. You might not believe the location or some of the back story. Also, as far as I know there are no photos from that day so that will be all text.

2) Errors and Variations. This was a well beloved column that I wrote for the Becketts on and off for nearly 17 years. The first topic will be on Gilmore's favorite E&V Card (as owner of this site, he dies have the right to select the first e and v column)

3) Interesting vintage cards/items from the auction houses. Sometimes the card is the story; sometimes the player is the story and sometimes both are. If you are an aiuction house and have interesting items for this column, we'll write about them in this space.

Looking forward to your comments and brick bats

Regards
Rich Klein

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
WOW what a stout addition to the site. I think everyone on this site has read your work at one time or another. great addition and welcome

sabrgeek said:
Chris asked me at the National if I were willing to do some freelance writing for him. We'll figure out the terms later but just to give you an idea -- I will be doing occassional columns split amongst three topics.

1) Old School Hobby Stories: The first one of these will be a recap of the greatest one day show I ever set up at. You might not believe the location or some of the back story. Also, as far as I know there are no photos from that day so that will be all text.

2) Errors and Variations. This was a well beloved column that I wrote for the Becketts on and off for nearly 17 years. The first topic will be on Gilmore's favorite E&V Card (as owner of this site, he dies have the right to select the first e and v column)

3) Interesting vintage cards/items from the auction houses. Sometimes the card is the story; sometimes the player is the story and sometimes both are. If you are an aiuction house and have interesting items for this column, we'll write about them in this space.

Looking forward to your comments and brick bats

Regards
Rich Klein

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Awesome Rich looking foreword to the columns. I must have missed you at the National, but maybe I seen you and did not even know it. ;)

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Rich, is there any chance you could revisit the article you wrote for Beckett Errors & Variations on the 2002 Topps Albert Pujols correct photo on back and try to find out if this card actually exists? Many people I have talked to doubt that it exists because they have never seen one. I know that the 2002 Topps Opening Day and the 2003 Topps Kanebo (Japanese) Pujols card have the correct photo on the back but I don't recall if the 2002 Topps Home Team Advantage has the correct photo on the back.

Kevin

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Good to have you on the boards writing your column Rich. As one who has been around the hobby 30+ years, I have enjoyed your writings for a long time now! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
mchenrycards said:
Good to have you on the boards writing your column Rich. As one who has been around the hobby 30+ years, I have enjoyed your writings for a long time now! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say!
+1

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
This is going to be great. I can read stuff on topics like those all day long.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
It really was a pleasure seeing you at the FCB Meet n Greet dinner and it was our pleasure to have you sit with us at our table. I am even more excited to know that you agreed to take this on as I have always been a big fan of your articles. I will speak on behalf of many here when I say that, it is content like this that continues to fuel the fire for the hobby we so passionately love and care about.

Thanks again for sitting with us and making the dinner an enjoyable experience.

Members online

Latest posts