Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
We're getting closer and closer to my "100 team superconference" prediction

Started out as a drunken bar joke a few years ago. Getting closer to actually becoming true

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
When was the last time both of those teams were relevant ?

Vandy better be thanking their lucky stars the SEC doesn't kick them out during all this conference shuffling. Unlike, Baylor, Vandy knows their role. Win one football game a year you shouldn't and shut up.

Example: Vandy up 14-0 on Ole Miss.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
19braves77 said:
When was the last time both of those teams were relevant ?

Vandy better be thanking their lucky stars the SEC doesn't kick them out during all this conference shuffling. Unlike, Baylor, Vandy knows their role. Win one football game a year you shouldn't and shut up.

Example: Vandy up 14-0 on Ole Miss.
It's not just for football, both are very good basketball programs.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I would love this! I'd get to see Miami with them playing inter-conference games with Pitt. :D

Same goes for Duke basketball, although I'm afraid to represent Duke in a non-Duke area. Lotta violent haters out there. :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It looks my Prediction of both the Big 12 and the Big East dissolving in 5 years is gonna happen alot sooner.

And Schad is reporting up to 12 teams have approached the ACC, and that TCU is "worried" the Big East they joined is in trouble.

I actually like the "super conference" idea and making regional rivalries common again as long as more non-AQ conferences have a better shot at the Title game.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
It looks my Prediction of both the Big 12 and the Big East dissolving in 5 years is gonna happen alot sooner.

I'm sure you've noticed my 39543 rants about Texas and the Longhorn Network on facebook.

To paraphrase (I don't have 9 hours to extrapolate on this): Texas is murdering the Big 12 while signing their own death certificate.

Stellar move, favorite team.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Pretty lame.
The Big East has to hope the Big 12 collapses and they can poach some teams.....I read that they've been in contacts with Kansas and some other teams, if this were to happen.

The only positive (to me) of all this is it may be what brings us to an actual Playoff.
The way things seem to be going - leading to 16 team Super-Conferences....I don't see how the the current BCS model would work. I'd imagine Great teams with 1-2 losses would be the norm.....and teams/conferences wouldn't be too happy being left out of the championship game because of it.

texas and the big xii powers that be took a hatchet to the non texas longhorn big xii teams with the longhorn network and desire to broadcast high school games... they could have replaced colorado and nebraska with boise state and tcu... but since they did nothing to fill the void the whole conference is shook! and now they are doomed... doomed... doomed i say!

i love the idea of super conferences.

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
I think KU would not mind the Big East. We just don't have the facilities to compete in many sports in the Big 12. And the exposure the basketball team would get in the east coast TV markets would be great. We might have to field a lacrosse team. But we built a rowing boat house.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.
I just saw that, sweet! As much as I love the style of Big East basketball, I love the move because of the more competitive football schedule they will have in the ACC.

Looks like you will be able to see your boys more often now, Magnet.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Card Magnet said:
I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.
I just saw that, sweet! As much as I love the style of Big East basketball, I love the move because of the more competitive football schedule they will have in the ACC.

Can't wait. With them being conference opponents, I'm not sure if I'll be safe wearing The U through Pittsburgh now. Fans could get ruthless :lol: . I'm going to have to sneak around to find a big crowd of orange shirts to tailgate with.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="Card Magnet":2f0vaoqh]I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.

Can't wait. With them being conference opponents, I'm not sure if I'll be safe wearing The U through Pittsburgh now. Fans could get ruthless :lol: . I'm going to have to sneak around to find a big crowd of orange shirts to tailgate with.[/quote:2f0vaoqh]
You'll get verbally harassed but I highly doubt it will get physical...this isn't San Francisco or LA.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="Card Magnet":3jd1baw7]I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.

Can't wait. With them being conference opponents, I'm not sure if I'll be safe wearing The U through Pittsburgh now. Fans could get ruthless :lol: . I'm going to have to sneak around to find a big crowd of orange shirts to tailgate with.
You'll get verbally harassed but I highly doubt it will get physical...this isn't San Francisco or LA.[/quote:3jd1baw7]
A bruise on my face will heal. A bruise on my heart is forever :oops: .

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="Card Magnet":36kwe4rr]I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.

Can't wait. With them being conference opponents, I'm not sure if I'll be safe wearing The U through Pittsburgh now. Fans could get ruthless :lol: . I'm going to have to sneak around to find a big crowd of orange shirts to tailgate with.[/quote:36kwe4rr]

Just shank Tim in front of a big crowd of Pitt fans so they know you mean business. They will leave you alone after that.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
deceptikon1978 said:
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1b8jqdtr]I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.

Just shank Tim in front of a big crowd of Pitt fans so they know you mean business. They will leave you alone after that.[/quote:1b8jqdtr]
Hmm, that sounds like a win-win for all of us. I get safe passage through Pittsburgh, and none of us on FCB have to put up with his crap if I take him out.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
deceptikon1978 said:
[quote="Card Magnet":3lx4qjvr]
mstng99tim said:
[quote="Card Magnet":3lx4qjvr]I saw on ESPN that it is official; they have been accepted into the ACC.

Just shank Tim in front of a big crowd of Pitt fans so they know you mean business. They will leave you alone after that.[/quote:3lx4qjvr]
Hmm, that sounds like a win-win for all of us. I get safe passage through Pittsburgh, and none of us on FCB have to put up with his crap if I take him out.[/quote:3lx4qjvr]
:lol:

Members online

Latest posts