Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Gotta Sell - "playoff hot" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
So, we all know one game in the playoffs can make a player a must sell. Or, will send you digging to make player lots of there cards.

With that being said, who is "playoff hot"?

I will start - Justin Verlander, even his base card lots, etc

skrip

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
those sales are gonna cool off when they lose the series, better hurry. now with the rain delay he wont be coming back out 2night anyway.

edit: buy cheep david freese bin stuff, it wont go down.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I think I've tried three times to sell my Chris Carpenter 1995 Bowman's Best Refractor BGS 9 with a buy it now about $35-$39. Last night after his outing I put it up for $49.99 with free ship and it sold that night. I also had one on COMC for $20 with a horizontal print line for the past month. That sold today.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
RustyGreerFan said:
I think I've tried three times to sell my Chris Carpenter 1995 Bowman's Best Refractor BGS 9 with a buy it now about $35-$39. Last night after his outing I put it up for $49.99 with free ship and it sold that night. I also had one on COMC for $20 with a horizontal print line for the past month. That sold today.

you're indeed a smart feller :D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
pujols5hof said:
RustyGreerFan said:

you're indeed a smart feller :D
Better then a Fart Smeller :lol:

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Paul Goldschmidt has continued to sell very well even though his teams done for this year.

As for anyone else...your guess is as good as mine at this point. By the time someone does something its gonna be too late to go buy something to flip it. Although ive lucked out so far this postseason. Heres to more decent flips for everyone.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
cjb9421 said:
Paul Goldschmidt has continued to sell very well even though his teams done for this year.

As for anyone else...your guess is as good as mine at this point. By the time someone does something its gonna be too late to go buy something to flip it. Although ive lucked out so far this postseason. Heres to more decent flips for everyone.
I posted this the next morning he hit is Grand Slammy and someone hit the BIN in a few hours I think not bad for getting this out of a 8.99 Rack pack. :p
[ebay:3iu88bj5]270828852521[/ebay:3iu88bj5]

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
cjb9421 said:
sheetskout said:
Pine Tar said:
Zack Greinke stuff is moving as well too.

I wish.

Gallardo stuff is tricky.

How so?

I knew someone was going to ask. I should have explained my opinion right away.

Gallardo has a couple of main RC's for a prospector. The EEE and SP auto RC are hard to find in good condition. He has a non-auto Bowman Chrome release as well as a Futures Game parallel from the same set. The auto RC's don't show Gallardo in an MLB uniform. I always felt his Bowman Chrome release was hurt with the Futures Game parallel in the same set as well.

Check his stuff. Very tricky to list and time right to sell.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
cjb9421 said:
Anyone else think Yovani Gallardo?
Yeah but apparently I sold mine at the wrong time. I thought right after his game one win, but it didn't go as high as I thought. Elite parallels can suck sometimes.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
What about Braun? I have a patch card #/25 of him I've been going back and forth about keeping or listing--and then when to list--for awhile now. Hit .500 in the NLDS and is off to a smokin' start in the NLCS. Posssible MVP. Who could be hotter than Braun?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ryan Braun's auxillary stuff is finally starting to move. Lets face it, he signed a TON of stuff from 2007 on (like Hanley Ramirez did). But that stuff is starting to move. Could have something to do with the fact that he's having the greatest post season ever so far :)

2009 Topps Tribute autos are a good example. They were $25~ ish forever. Now is the time to list those.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
did y'all see the freese plug during the game (3)? i told ya, 3-3 tonight and it aint gonna stop till the end of february shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Members online

Latest posts