Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Umm, You may want to see the Harper I stole. Need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
So on Friday I was doing my random ebay search when I came across this Harper.
Blue's were selling for $850-900 at the time so I knew I had to get this somehow. The BIN was set at $1200 which I thought was a steal by itself. Already had 4 offers before I made an offer of $1100 that was automatically accepted. I have no clue how this lasted as long on ebay as it did.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BOOMO FOR LENDING ME THE MONEY ON THIS!
I didn't have nearly enough to pay for this so was going to have to sell a huge portion of my collection but Boomo to the rescue! He is going to sell it for me and i'll make sure he gets a nice reward :)

Paid friday night, seller sent it out saturday morning. Got it today. Great service!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400251376531?ss ... 500wt_1287

photo26-1.jpg

photo27-1.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok guys, I need some advice. I checked the card and it looks amazing and should easily get a 9.5 with a 10 auto if graded. Do you think its worth the $90 it will cost me to get this 2-day graded and sent back asap and list it sometime next week graded? Or would it be best to list is raw now at auction and just take whatever I can get for it? Any opinions would be really helpful as i'm not quite sure what to do yet.

What do you think this would sell for right now raw and what do you think this would sell at next week if it was graded a 9.5 with a 10 auto?

Thanks guys!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm calling the cops. That's not a steal, that's a heist. Lufthansa style.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Is it already in hand?

Wow.

In contrast, a Paul Goldschmidt PSA 10 just sold for $760.

His blue auto sells for $125 lol

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
ran the numbers and couldnt help out soon enough.
i think its 2g ungraded, but not sure how long the window stays
open.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I agree on the window. Needs to be resold asap

boomo said:
ran the numbers and couldnt help out soon enough.
i think its 2g ungraded, but not sure how long the window stays
open.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Nice card at a great price. What happens if it doesn't grade at a 9.5 and is only a 9? Do you take it? Mint 9 is still a great grade. Good luck with that & congrats!

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Two days before another orange sold for $1,550, so I really dont see it getting $2k on a quick flip. Nice card at a nice price, I just dont see a $900+ profit on it(yet!).

EDIT!!

Just saw wrong year on the Harper I was talking about!!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
shepsspot said:
Two days before another orange sold for $1,550, so I really dont see it getting $2k on a quick flip. Nice card at a nice price, I just dont see a $900+ profit on it(yet!).

EDIT!!

wasnt the same card shep.
that was a b owman non chrome

EDIT, i didnt see your edit :)

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
boomo said:
shepsspot said:

EDIT!!

wasnt the same card shep.
that was a b owman non chrome

Yeah I saw that, check out my edit.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Wes said:
I'd grade it. $90 to take it from a $2k card to a $3k card is a no brainer. I'm not even sure I'd do a rush on it, I don't see it losing value anytime soon.

harper has so many auto's out there I wasn't sure that this would hold up long enough. even if it is bowman chrome.

just overnighted it to boomo. i think were doing 5 day listing at auction starting at $.99 and will let it ride. end it on sunday night

this seem like a smart move?

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:
I'd grade it. $90 to take it from a $2k card to a $3k card is a no brainer. I'm not even sure I'd do a rush on it, I don't see it losing value anytime soon.

harper has so many auto's out there I wasn't sure that this would hold up long enough. even if it is bowman chrome.

just overnighted it to boomo. i think were doing 5 day listing at auction starting at $.99 and will let it ride. end it on sunday night

You should've got that card in a BGS slab and listed it when it got back...

But your sending the card to someone else to sell for you raw..... That seemed like the worst option IMO considering boomo probably had the most money paid on this card(meaning you have to pay him back somehow now and that'll most likely be your profit money) BGS slab would've got YOU to make the most money you possibly could on the card.

Edit 1& 2..Spelling

Wes

OG
Administrator
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:

No and no.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Wes said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:

No and no.

okay i can understand the first no, but why the second?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:

No and no.

I would have overnighted it to BGS, got it slabbed ASAP, then listed it BIN/BO. Especially if nothing new gets listed by then you would probably get some insane offers rather than an auction. BIN/BO is almost always the best way to go imo

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
mredsox89 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Wes said:

No and no.

I would have overnighted it to BGS, got it slabbed ASAP, then listed it BIN/BO. Especially if nothing new gets listed by then you would probably get some insane offers rather than an auction. BIN/BO is almost always the best way to go imo

damn thats what i wanted to do before i was talked out of it ::facepalm::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts