Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yu Darvish posting tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Wow!

Didn't think this was going to happen at all or at least for a month. Let the bidding begin...

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
P_Manning 18 said:
tumblr_leb6dyvGMd1qbq9qv.gif

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Time for me to grab a TON of Darvish Japanese stuff cheap here and sell in the US.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Blue Jays, Rangers and Yankees are the favorites.

(Let's go Yanks!)

Rangers, Jays, Yankees Expected To Bid On Darvish
By Steve Adams [December 8, 2011 at 4:56am CST]
Following the announcement last night that the Nippon-Ham Fighters will post ace Yu Darvish, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports write that the Rangers, Blue Jays, and Yankees are all expected to bid on the Japanese righty. ESPN's Buster Olney also tweets that rival executives are expecting both the Rangers and Blue Jays to bid big Darvish, with the Rangers fueled by the expected loss of C.J. Wilson to the Angels or Marlins.

Rosenthal and Morosi write that the Red Sox could be a wild card for a big Darvish bid, as new manager Bobby Valentine, who saw Darvish first-hand many times as manager of the Chiba Lotte Marines from 2004-2009, is said to "love" the 25-year old. FOX's duo also note that both Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos and Rangers GM Jon Daniels saw Darvish pitch in Japan last season.

The posting period will last four days, and the winning team will have a 30-day exclusive negotation period with Darvish and his representatives Don Nomura and Arn Tellem. If a contract agreement cannot be reached between Darvish and the winning team, that team will be refunded the total of the posting fee.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I snagged a lot of four bdp blue refs #/99 of Darvish a couple months ago; and I'm very excited to flip them.

What do you all have of Darvish?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman predicts Darvish will cost a team $100M, including posting fee and contract.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
And since the Cubs did not win the Pujols bidding war, we should have plenty of money to shore up our vomit-inducing starting pitching staff. As many prospects as the Cubs have traded over the recent years, too, I almost would rather trade a couple for now for Kendry Morales or Mark Trumbo and use the money saved from not signing Fielder to solidify the entire pitching staff and get a good 3B to replace Ramirez.

Latest posts