Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Diamond Aniversary Complete Set-Sell Complete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Hey guys,
I finally got my Diamond Anniversary Complete Set, Series 1 & 2, from Topps that I won from the Prize Dig. In your opinion, is it better to sell it all as one complete sealed set or bust it and sell individual cards?

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
when i got mine it wasn't selling for anything, so i busted it up and got some IP & TTM for auto's and ended up giving some away to player collectors. i'd keep it and hope for it to be worth something in the future

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Boylen33 said:
Hey guys,
I finally got my Diamond Anniversary Complete Set, Series 1 & 2, from Topps that I won from the Prize Dig. In your opinion, is it better to sell it all as one complete sealed set or bust it and sell individual cards?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but my set appears to just be a regular factory set of 2011 Topps.

A_Pharis

Bonds73 said:
Boylen33 said:
Hey guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but my set appears to just be a regular factory set of 2011 Topps.

Every card actually has a foil label on them that says "Limited Edition Factory Set"

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
mine was not sealed when i recieved the set. Because of that, I was able to inform Brian at Beckett to add the parallel set to their data base

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Every card actually has a foil label on them that says "Limited Edition Factory Set"

that's what turned me off to trying to buy 12 more code cards to get enough rings to win the set. That foil stamping is insignificant enough to me for the effort. If it were a set with different images and maybe even substituting some players from the base 1/2 series set, then it'd be worth the effort to me than just getting a set that is very much what I already have now without the notation.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
rsmath said:
A_Pharis said:

that's what turned me off to trying to buy 12 more code cards to get enough rings to win the set. That foil stamping is insignificant enough to me for the effort. If it were a set with different images and maybe even substituting some players from the base 1/2 series set, then it'd be worth the effort to me than just getting a set that is very much what I already have now without the notation.
That is understandable..
But that is what is great about this hobby
People can collect whatever they want.
Some collectors want everything that is reasonable and limited.

Maybe you can find someone with 12 codes and trade the codes for the set.
You keep the digs and they get the set..
(Before you request the set, just change your mailing address to the persons address and they will ship it to them for free)

Members online

Latest posts