Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Diamond Kings Challenge Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Is this set worth what they are on ebay for right now? (around 300$) I want it, seeing how its my favorite set of all time, and Id love to have a complete set of it, but 300$ is a little pricy... should I just complete what I have, or buy one of these in the nice wood boxes?

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I have one. Got it back in 2005. Each boxed set has a set of 4 printing plates. The number of the set corresponds with the card that has the plates.

The one I have is for the Juan Gonzalez plates. I sold the plates but kept the set.

I would not pay $300 for it unless the plates came with it and it was a superstar player.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Gonzaleznut said:
I have one. Got it back in 2005. Each boxed set has a set of 4 printing plates. The number of the set corresponds with the card that has the plates.

The one I have is for the Juan Gonzalez plates. I sold the plates but kept the set.

I would not pay $300 for it unless the plates came with it and it was a superstar player.

Interesting...
So this auction:
2005 Donruss Diamond King CHALLENGE Wooden Box Limited Set 47 of 450 made!

Had this set of printing plates??:
2005 Donruss Diamond Kings #47 Kerry Wood

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Correct me if i'm wrong..but like someone already said there should be the 4 plates plus 2 1/1's that came with each set..The set I have does, so i was assuming they all were like this..But 3 bills for just the base set is way way too much IMO..I also have 2 other sets that dont have the plates or the 1/1's and i'm pretty sure i paid well under $100 for each..

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Gonzaleznut said:

OK, I gotta ask...why would a Juan Gonzalez supercollector sell the Juan Gonzalez plates???

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
gmarutiak said:
Gonzaleznut said:

OK, I gotta ask...why would a Juan Gonzalez supercollector sell the Juan Gonzalez plates???

Because I am no longer a Juan Gonzalez supercollector. Sold my entire collection last year and simply haven't updated my signature.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Gwynn545 said:
Gonzaleznut said:

Interesting...
So this auction:
2005 Donruss Diamond King CHALLENGE Wooden Box Limited Set 47 of 450 made!

Had this set of printing plates??:
2005 Donruss Diamond Kings #47 Kerry Wood

Correct. But the item description does not mention anything about the plates.

Members online

Latest posts