Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Anyone know if the leaf steel promo cards came with the protective film. I only see them for sale without it. Also, I have noticed that the psa graded finest cards I have bought of Henderson also have the film removed.

Just curious

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Anyone know if the leaf steel promo cards came with the protective film. I only see them for sale without it. Also, I have noticed that the psa graded finest cards I have bought of Henderson also have the film removed.

Just curious

My gold steel promo has the film, but my silver one does not. I think the other silvers I've seen have been missing it as well.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I think so. Clarkfan has a gold with no film on eBay for less than a silver with film. I think the silver is ~$50. Someone chose to peel them. I don't understand peeling them, as that makes them not original condition. Also for those that are interested in grading, I would think a peeled would never get a 10.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I think so. Clarkfan has a gold with no film on eBay for less than a silver with film. I think the silver is ~$50. Someone chose to peel them. I don't understand peeling them, as that makes them not original condition. Also for those that are interested in grading, I would think a peeled would never get a 10.

I've found the silver to be much more rare than the gold, which could explain the price difference rather than the peel? I know very little about grading, but I believe I read at some point that peel/no peel doesn't effect the grade. I'd ask in the 90's thread, as someone there would surely know.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I guess that would make sense. I thought about offering for Clarkfans 3 samples, but I'll wait until after the holidays when I have some extra cash. Did knock off another refractor, 2000 chrome. Nos I just need the 2000 MVP card to have the complete run of 2000 Topps/Chrome/Limited etc. One of these days I'll drop some cash for the 93 and 94 refractors. Brad I still have that card with your name on it. I'll go thru your list and see what I might need.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011

The Henderson PSA 10s I have seen had always been removed. I did see one graded with the peel a few month ago also graded a 10 and there was a notation on the slab too "with coating" or something like that.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Did anyone notice the jersey number on this card? It looks like 42. I am assuming it is for Jackie Robinson but i did not think they started doing the Jackie Robinson tribute until later on, could it be something else, perhaps trying to switch things up because it is not licensed?

Attachments

• Henderson.jpg
    Henderson.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 41

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
I was thinking that too but it looks too much like a 4 to me th weary it angles. Maybe it's just the way his body is turned. 22 it is

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hey, Ken C and everyone else on the east coast - be safe these next couple of days. This hurricane looks like it could get quite ugly. If (when) the power goes out, I'll likely not be able to bid on ebay Rickeys, so someone else should gobble them up and sell them to me. :)

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hey, Ken C and everyone else on the east coast - be safe these next couple of days. This hurricane looks like it could get quite ugly. If (when) the power goes out, I'll likely not be able to bid on ebay Rickeys, so someone else should gobble them up and sell them to me. :)

I second Scott's comments, stay safe! Everyone's afraid of CA for the earthquakes, but I'll take those any day over the crazy weather that can crop up in the rest of the U.S.

Members online

Latest posts