Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Penn State

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
It's not really a debate when you aren't grasping my point and assume I'm saying something that I'm not.

If you can't grasp that I'm sorry.

But hey, at least this has the football board getting some posts compared to the ghost town that it has been for the past several months!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that makes sense.

Instead of putting your big boy shoes on and helping me see your point, lets go with insults. At least others do want to discuss and expand their points.

Great strategy.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
2nd lawsuit planned

The young man whose 2009 allegations of sexual abuse led to the Penn State scandal and criminal convictions of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky is suing the university, the Associated Press reports.
A lawsuit, filed Friday by the man known only as "Victim 1," said university officials made deliberate decisions not to report Sandusky to authorities.
It described their actions as"a function of (Penn State's) purposeful, deliberate and shameful subordination of the safety of children to its economic self-interests, and to its interest in maintaining and perpetuating its reputation."
On June 22, Sandusky was convicted of abusing 10 boys over 15 years. Former Penn State vice president Gary Schultz and former athletic director Tim Curley face charges of perjury and failing to report to authorities a 2001 allegation that Sandusky had attacked a young boy in the football building's showers.
That boy, known as "Victim 2," also plans to sue the university for failing to protect him from sexual abuse, his attorneys have said.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think the whole thing is sick. There is no way I wouldn't have reported that. I'm not talking about calling campus police or going to the Dean or something. I'm talking about simply picking up the phone and calling the real police. I just don't see how any adult could do nothing. And the sad thing is, I'm not really sure why it was covered up in the first place. I don't see the NCAA doing anything to the football program had this been reported immediately. Yeah the media would eat it up but it sends the right message: "we don't allow stuff like that to go on here".

Hive, you said you emphasize with JoePa. He made a bad decision and it cost him. I think everyone makes bad decisions from time to time. But this situation, and the decision, should have been a no-brainer.

And a lot of you say that it's not fair to "victimize" the players or innocent people who had nothing to do with this scandal. My question would be do you want to play or go to a school that is so damn worried about their football program and it looking squeaky clean that they are assnine enough to cover up something that wouldn't have even drawn a sanction from the ncaa anyways? I can see them wanting to protect the program. But this is just plain dumb. And very very sick.

Members online

Latest posts