Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Hello guys, I'm new here as this is my first post... I'm Kevin and I'm a Juan Gonzalez collector... I'm interested in buying any Juan diffractor that I don't have(I got 25 of the 90)... Please let me know if any of you have extras that you would like to sell... Thanks

Kevin- Welcome to the FCB board. Good luck with your Juan Gonzalez collection.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Picked up a Pattern 38, Derek Jeter Diffractor on COMC. If any of you need this one and would like first dibs, let me know.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Thanks for the welcome... Yes, I completed the base set in 2010(I paid $30 for the last pattern I needed)

Kevin
If you have any dupe Juan Gonzalez base cards of patterns # 1 and # 60 I would be willing to pay high Beckett for any and all you have.

Regarding 1998 Topps Tek Diffractors my only two Juan Gonzalez diffractors are patterns # 64 and 75 but are not for sale as they are in Diffractor sets (one completed and one with 14 to go)

My Gonzalez dupe patterns if you are working on another set are
Juan Gonzalez Card # 60 Pat # 10,35,42,47,50,62,63,70,71,87(2)

I trade and sell at high Beckett

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
If you have any dupe Juan Gonzalez base cards of patterns # 1 and # 60 I would be willing to pay high Beckett for any and all you have.

Regarding 1998 Topps Tek Diffractors my only two Juan Gonzalez diffractors are patterns # 64 and 75 but are not for sale as they are in Diffractor sets (one completed and one with 14 to go)

My Gonzalez dupe patterns if you are working on another set are
Juan Gonzalez Card # 60 Pat # 10,35,42,47,50,62,63,70,71,87(2)

I trade and sell at high Beckett

I could use both of those diffractor patterns... I do have one dupe diffractor(not sure of pattern number off hand)... If and when you decide to sell those patterns, I'll pay $100 each...

I don't have extra regular Turks of patterns 1 or 60... As a matter of fact my last one to complete the reg 90 card set was pattern 60...

Kevin

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I could use both of those diffractor patterns... I do have one dupe diffractor(not sure of pattern number off hand)... If and when you decide to sell those patterns, I'll pay $100 each...

I don't have extra regular Turks of patterns 1 or 60... As a matter of fact my last one to complete the reg 90 card set was pattern 60...

Kevin

I'm sorry, but high beckett for Juan Gonzalez diffractors is not $100. You are overselling yourself, please be more thrifty.

This response is a long running joke here, please take no offense. Welcome to the boards!

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
George, I have pattern 79...I've been listing all my leftover singles on ebay and Lankford was the last card in the pile! Only other patttern I had of his was 3. Send me an email to [email protected] or find me on ebay at tooly22 and just send me your address and its on the way. I dont say much on these boards but have been here for 3 or 4 years, and see what you do for other collectors and would like to in some small way say thank you for what you continue to do for our hobby.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
George, I have pattern 79...I've been listing all my leftover singles on ebay and Lankford was the last card in the pile! Only other patttern I had of his was 3. Send me an email to [email protected] or find me on ebay at tooly22 and just send me your address and its on the way. I dont say much on these boards but have been here for 3 or 4 years, and see what you do for other collectors and would like to in some small way say thank you for what you continue to do for our hobby.

Sweet gesture!

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Much Mahalo!

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Making a Push for my last 4 Brady Anderson Patterns. I'm down to 39, 54, 62, and 83. I have the following extras available for trade or sale to help others.

11 Eric Karros Pattern 26
16 Brady Anderson Patterns 4,26,30,33,40,41,42,46,47,51,57 x2, 60,65,70,72,73,77,80
58 Tony Clark Pattern 62
72 Tim Salmon Pattern 69

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Ive just filed a report on that person on ebay who continues to list 1998 TEK cards as Diffractors (a current Griffey) when they clearly are not. He even says in print that some people have contacted him ( I am one who has but now he set things up so nobody can send him a message) to tell him they are NOT diffractor but he does not change his post. So take some time if you are so inclined to report him on ebay as what he is doing is blatantly dishonest.

Perhaps ebay will take away his right to list cards that are not what he claims they are just because of some bogus grading system supports what he told them to call the card.

This?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEN-GRIFFEY...194046?hash=item58d9806b7e:g:YTQAAOSwPgxVRuMH

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
He even says in print that some people have contacted him ( I am one who has but now he set things up so nobody can send him a message) to tell him they are NOT diffractor but he does not change his post. So take some time if you are so inclined to report him on ebay as what he is doing is blatantly dishonest.

apparently you've ticked him off time and time again and now he's blocked you , because i can still send him a message and i'm sure most everyone else still sees the link to ask a question in the same place it's been for some time now....

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
So anyone new here with any same card # pattern # and/or pattern# 1 1998 TEKs.... Will pay High Beckett for any I need for a couple incomplete sets

Last edited:

Members online