Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN Reporting That This is Jeter's Last Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
MLB should thank him for helping sell tickets this year. should be a huge boost to ticket sales for all away games

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
1655670_691146467603636_181281165_o.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Big Jeter fan. The face of MLB.

ESPN reported that Jeter put the message on Facebook before he told the Yankees he's retiring.
It's odd in this age of social media that a person tells millions of people he's leaving, before he tells his own employer.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Classy letter.

On another note, it's a reminder of how tough it is to sustain a high level of play. After his great season a couple of years ago people were discussing passing Rose or getting 4000 hits. It's a long, long road and those who can sustain a high level of play are few and far in between. If he could continue at a high level I'd love for him to stay around, but I'm glad if the level is falling that he is not staying around for years as a shadow of his former self.

Growing up in NY a Yankee fan it will be strange not seeing Jeter in the Pinstripes, but it's been an amazing run.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
1094793_691146467603636_181281165_n.jpg

Is that Jeter new auto style? Man now collector have to get this version to add to their collection.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
so much for Jeets being humble.

I suggested in a thread a few months ago he should announce before the season starts that 2014 is his last season and do the farewell tour.

Some wrote back saying it's not his style, he wouldn't do a farewell tour.

Get the barf bags ready, he's going to be doing one!

Can't a baseball athlete go out in dignity anymore without the hype and hoopla of a farewell season? oh yeah, one did -- Todd Helton! THAT'S A CLASS ACT.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

I suggested in a thread a few months ago he should announce before the season starts that 2014 is his last season and do the farewell tour.

Can't a baseball athlete go out in dignity anymore without the hype and hoopla of a farewell season? oh yeah, one did -- Todd Helton! THAT'S A CLASS ACT.

Maybe if Jeter played his entire career in a place like Colorado he would have done that. But he didn't. He played two decades in New York and won several World Series championships, and been a massive legend to millions of people. Derek Jeter is light years ahead of Todd Helton in nearly every aspect of life in general, so yeah, if Jeter wants a farewell tour, so be it. Didn't hear anyone XXXXXing about Mariano's.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

rsmath, I know this is just your usual cynical schtick, but what are you talking about? He's not humble? Or he's doing a farewell tour?
He announced it's his final season, like just about every other star has done.

He's not asking for a farewell tour, or for praise to be heaped on him at every stop.
That's the media, MLB and the teams that do that farewell tour, pre-game ceremony stuff.

Jeter is the face of baseball, and he deserves recognition for his Hall of Fame career. Just like Ripken, Ryan, Rivera and even Chipper got.
Comparing Jeter and his popularity to Todd Helton is ridiculous.

His millions of fans will sell out stadiums to see Jeter for the final time, not because Jeter asked them to, but because he's one of the game's only active legends, whether Yankee-haters want to believe it or not.

Latest posts