Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards that were unbelievably hot: Then vs. Now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I remember the 2007 ud goudey tiger woods sp card was hot for a couple weeks. Listed and sold mine for $220 when it came out. Now you can get them foe $10.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
chris shelton was hot for about 2 weeks there

I think he is one of only a few players to ever have TWO sun-hot-only-to-fall-off-the-face-of-the-earth's in his career. Meaning, he got super hot, fell off the face of the earth, got super hot again, fell off the face of the earth again... only to never return. Most guys only get one of those. lol

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I remember these 3 cards being super hot circa 1990-91, if memory serves correctly the Topps & Fleer were $20+ and the Donruss was a $40+ card.

Bonus points for the Fleer as it had a nice premium initially for Snyder in 1986.

cf1.jpg cf2.jpg cf3.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I recall back when 1991 Score came out everyone wanted the Jose Canseco Dream Team card. You know the one... a shirtless Jose on a beach swinging a bat barefoot in his jeans?

At the time the 1990 Score Bo Jackson football/baseball card was still popluar and people thought the Dream Team cards would be money in the bank. I can't remember what prices it was going for, but it drove sales of series 2 because everyone wanted the Dream Team cards.

- Rodrick

Haha, shirtless Canseco card.Score CEO a female then?

Members online

Latest posts