Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Suspends Their 10-Day Grading Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And good god, I had no idea BGS was that backlogged with submissions. 11 MONTHS?! Holy ****. Why would anyone give their business to a company like that?

Apparently it's because it is easy to get a good grade plus the high probability of getting a good return on the grading investment
if you go with BGS.

Common sense would agree with you.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
COMC has announced they are suspending BGS submissions from their site until further notice.

No further detail if COMC will continue to partner with BGS and restart submissions again when BGS has more appropriate
grading timeframes or if COMC may partner with PSA or someone else for gradings.

Srt42004n

Nov 17, 2014
Lehigh Valley PA
And crazy thing is they havent had a modern special in a while so they cant even blame that. But I wish they would have set a limit then bc some people sending in 100's of cards and someone sending 25 and they just lay in limbo set a 50 card max and get to work

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
COMC has announced they are suspending BGS submissions from their site until further notice.

No further detail if COMC will continue to partner with BGS and restart submissions again when BGS has more appropriate
grading timeframes or if COMC may partner with PSA or someone else for gradings.

This is correct. Until we can guarantee accurate expected time frames for which our customers will get their cards back, we've suspended both our standard and expedited BGS options for the time being. We're hoping to be able to offer external grading services again, as we certainly understand the convenience of using a COMC account to do BGS grading. This decision especially hurts our international and mailbox customers who use COMC to grade their items they've purchased elsewhere before shipping them home.

Definitely a frustrating situation for all within the hobby. We're hopeful BGS is simply doing the right thing in this case and temporarily suspending a popular service until they can get through their backlog or become adequately staffed to handle the workload.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
So the President was in Singapore meeting with the leader of North Korea and he's been silent on this issue? What is going on in our country folks?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wouldn't mind if the whole grading market implodes.

I agree with this 100%, I hate what grading has done to this hobby.

I'd like to offer you my '52T Mantle. Please ignore what you think are flaws; that's just the scan. And I accidently cropped it a bit too close - I assure you, it measures perfectly and is 50/50 all around. Promise. It's mint, and completely genuine. Only $250k PPD.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'd like to offer you my '52T Mantle. Please ignore what you think are flaws; that's just the scan. And I accidently cropped it a bit too close - I assure you, it measures perfectly and is 50/50 all around. Promise. It's mint, and completely genuine. Only $250k PPD.
I know nothing about cards, I just got this from my grandparents estate

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
If you pulled it from a pack and it went straight into a soft sleeve and then straight into a toploader that's good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So you offer the most preposterous example possible to illustrate the need for grading?

Members online

Latest posts