Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Immaculate Ohtani nameplate question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Saw 2 auctions for the Ohtani nameplate cards from this years Immaculate. The first one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-immaculate-shohei-ohtani-nameplate-1-10-Please-read-description/202397759184

The second letter looks like an A. But then the letter before it should be a T?

Second auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Panini-Immaculate-Shohei-Ohtani-3-COLOR-NAMEPLATE-RELIC-2-10/323385073445

The first letter looks like a B, P or a R. But his name doesn't include any of those letters.

The official jersey looks like this:

thumb.aspx

Is this from some promotional jersey? Or did they use the wrong player nameplate?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Something makes me think it's actually a Noe Ramirez jersey.
noe-ramirez-ohtani-jersey.jpg
Noe+Ramirez+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+vs+ylyEJzTJC41l.jpg

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
To me, the only one that looks like it could actually be from an Ohtani jersey is the second one (white home jersey). It's a stretch but the patch looks like part of the "N" and "I" upside down. The third one definitely looks like part of "LD" to me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Unlicensed junk...probably couldn't get hold of an actual Ohtani jersey.

Panini IS licensed and the other one is Topps which has logo and name rights. Panini is not junk. Some of their stuff is shady I will agree.

Also the jerseys with panini which I’ll agree with is a junkie move, are not from any particular game. So it could be 10 jerseys from 3 same colored jersey teams. That is sad, but truth. So to try and put a puzzle together would be like hitting the lottery and getting struck by lightning in the same day. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I don't know where they are getting any of the jerseys used for these.

Clearly, the "Devers" jersey looks like it contains an "A" and a "T". Maybe they had jerseys made with the phrase "NAMEPLATES" on the back and that's what they cut up to use. :lol:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=3722]madbull34[/MENTION] I've been watching this thread since you posted it and have been working on the Ohtani patches. No answer to "who" is on the Ohtani nameplate patches, but the rest of the Ohtani cards have the white jersey (with the exception of the bat cards, sock cards, hoodie cards, etc). BUT...I have noticed that ALL of the jumbo Nameplate cards for ALL players seem to not coordinate with their names either. Here is an example of 12 cards with 8 players:

25CpnP7.jpg

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
[MENTION=3722]madbull34[/MENTION] I've been watching this thread since you posted it and have been working on the Ohtani patches. No answer to "who" is on the Ohtani nameplate patches, but the rest of the Ohtani cards have the white jersey (with the exception of the bat cards, sock cards, hoodie cards, etc). BUT...I have noticed that ALL of the jumbo Nameplate cards for ALL players seem to not coordinate with their names either. Here is an example of 12 cards with 8 players:

25CpnP7.jpg

Wow. So this isn't an isolated case. I've seen mistakes made here and there by both Topps and Panini but this is borderline fraud.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow. So this isn't an isolated case. I've seen mistakes made here and there by both Topps and Panini but this is borderline fraud.

I don’t know, fraud seems to convey some intentional deception. These are so obviously wrong there’s no way it could have been intentional. Not excusing this utter BS, this is a marketing nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts