Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I posted this is the 90's thread, but since you mentioned here - Beckett did finally update the value on the Black Gold ABCD redemtions (at least for 1993). It jumped from $0.15 to $50. They also updated the pricing on the 1990 donruss aqueous tests finally.

The vast majority of the cards they slashed can be found well below even the new cheaper BV, so it makes sense in some way. But for them to drop prices on the legit scarce/rare stuff is more proof that they don't see the hobby the way collectors do. When you have people paying $40 for a Black Gold unredeemed Winner card, and they won't acknowledge that with a BV higher than 30¢, there's a problem.

I'm kind of glad that Nomar cards are dropping, it does make it easier to pick up some formerly-tough cards. But it is a double-edged sword; many of my old Nomar steals aren't such a steal anymore, and it makes it harder to get anything in return for dupes I've picked up and need to move. Also, this might make it harder to get some of his higher-end 90's stuff; if a seller bought high at his peak, he may just keep the card instead of taking a hit and moving on (the same kind of stubborn pride that makes people try and sell faded stars and worthless prospects for at-peak prices).

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
katieneack said:
I posted this is the 90's thread, but since you mentioned here - Beckett did finally update the value on the Black Gold ABCD redemtions (at least for 1993). It jumped from $0.15 to $50. They also updated the pricing on the 1990 donruss aqueous tests finally.

Interesting, is this from the OPG? There's often a huge difference between the OPG and the paper guide, not to mention some of the bizarre pricing in the yearly guide.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
scan0018-1.jpg

01spgold.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
+1 - Those are impossible to find. I was almost starting to wonder if the Larkin even existed because I have never seen one before. Very nice Pickups!!

Definitely hard to find. A couple years ago I finally bit the bullet and paid Burbank almost $100 for a Cirillo so.......yeah

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I was keeping an eye on it but other stuff kept popping up. LMK If you get tired of it.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts