Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I really should start compiling a list if cool, hard to find, die cuts to look for....

Some of my favorites are the '97 and '98 Preferred sets.

That one's been on my list for a long time, but for Helton. All you Thomas collectors out there driving up the price on this! :wink:

I hadn't seen one for a very long time; and the last time I remember one it was for much higher than the $12.50 this was listed for on COMC. That's the diecut and the sample knocked out in the last couple of months, and both on COMC. Prices are higher now across the board, but it's still a great site.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL

I hadn't seen one for a very long time; and the last time I remember one it was for much higher than the $12.50 this was listed for on COMC. That's the diecut and the sample knocked out in the last couple of months, and both on COMC. Prices are higher now across the board, but it's still a great site.

Picked up this one recently:

1998DonrussPreferredGreatXPectationsDCNomo.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008

Agreed. I had a few tins of Football, but didn't get anything special. That's a really fun rip. Might try and find more of those.

TonyH

Aug 9, 2008
Eastern Shore MD
Hi,
Anybody have sales history for 1999 UD Choice 5x7 blow ups? I picked up 6 recently, Jeter, Sosa, ARod, Cover Glory of Jeter, Griffey and someone else. Thanks for any info.
Tony

Sent from my ADR6350 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

iconNeg_16x16.gif
Misleading photo, refused refund, immature emails - DISHONEST & UNPROFESSIONALMember id froobroo ( Feedback Score Of 426
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)

Sep-14-12 17:35

• Reply by carolinahobbyshop (Sep-14-12 19:03):

TO MANY CRACKHEADS Misleading photo? HOW is my camra magic READ& LOOK BEFORE bid
    • Follow-up by froobroo (Sep-14-12 19:36):

^This shows how rude and immature the seller is. Returned item, still no refund.
1997 SPx Gold Mike Piazza (#390462795730)US $36.53View Item

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
iconNeg_16x16.gif
Misleading photo, refused refund, immature emails - DISHONEST & UNPROFESSIONALMember id froobroo ( Feedback Score Of 426
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)

TO MANY CRACKHEADS Misleading photo? HOW is my camra magic READ& LOOK BEFORE bid

^This shows how rude and immature the seller is. Returned item, still no refund.
1997 SPx Gold Mike Piazza (#390462795730)US $36.53View Item
Didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wow, it takes some nerve to make the mistake, blame the other person, and then leave them a neg. I'm no expert on Grand Finales, but I don't see anything the seller did wrong...?

There was no mistake. The buyer knew exactly what he was doing, made obvious by his refund claim. I'd tell him to jump in a lake.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
iconNeg_16x16.gif

Misleading photo, refused refund, immature emails - DISHONEST & UNPROFESSIONAL
Member id froobroo ( Feedback Score Of 426
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)

1997 SPx Gold Mike Piazza (#390462795730)
US $36.53
View Item
I knew that was just a gold. I would not give the buyer a refund. It states GOLD! Not Grand Finale. The scan is misleading? Its a gold!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
There was no mistake. The buyer knew exactly what he was doing, made obvious by his refund claim. I'd tell him to jump in a lake.

I don't understand. Are you saying the buyer purposely bought a Gold for $30-something so that he could return it? You don't think he thought he was getting a Grand Finale?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't understand. Are you saying the buyer purposely bought a Gold for $30-something so that he could return it? You don't think he thought he was getting a Grand Finale?

He thought he was getting a GF even though the pic and the auction indicated otherwise. He has no right to return the card and get a refund, and certainly no right to leave a negative because his gamble didn't pay off.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah, the buyer is a DB, I saved the auction because I wanted to see if the buyer would accept that he gambled stupidly and lost, or would blame the seller. The buyer is now on my blocked list.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^same...i don't sell much on ebay but occasionally do and would be a hassle to deal with a buyer like that

I actually did bid on that Piazza in the off chance that it was a GF, but limited my max bid to ~$20 (something I could live with spending/losing if I was wrong). Would certainly have not tried to return it based on my false assumption.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Anyone else notice that COMC FINALLY fixed the incorrect listings for 1997 Score? The non-HR prefixed Hobby Reserve are now listed with the Premium Stock, the HR-prefixed ones are listed as Score Hobby Reserve, and nothing is listed as Reserve Collection because now there are no actual Reserve Collections on the site. Perhaps Beckett finally got their XXXX together on these, as their poor listings caused COMC's poor listings.

Members online

Latest posts