Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Juan books at $30. so 90-120 seems like a good price. I did not see any Juans, i saw the post right when it was posted and went to comc and NADA!@

Really? My beckett has the Red unlisted stars @ $4.00 and golds are 20X. Do they list it in the OPG at $30? That seems extremely cheap. I mean, what would a serial numbered one sell for if it came up on auction?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Really? My beckett has the Red unlisted stars @ $4.00 and golds are 20X. Do they list it in the OPG at $30? That seems extremely cheap. I mean, what would a serial numbered one sell for if it came up on auction?

According to Beckett, Juan Gone is a common, Minor Star at best. That would be $1.50 for the Red, $30 for the Gold.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Far more than book......the "book" price has little to no effect on this set when it comes to the name players such as Juan (perceived as common or not). Maybe I should list 1 of each Juan and see how far they beat "book".

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Far more than book......the "book" price has little to no effect on this set when it comes to the name players such as Juan (perceived as common or not). Maybe I should list 1 of each Juan and see how far they beat "book".

Yeah that would be kinda fun. But i dont understand the whole common, minor star, and star thing. Juan was a beast. MVPs, all-star games, tons of home runs. Seems like a star to me.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Yeah that would be kinda fun. But i dont understand the whole common, minor star, and star thing. Juan was a beast. MVPs, all-star games, tons of home runs. Seems like a star to me.

Completely agree......I would think that Stars are Jr, Frank, etc and Juan would be in the Minor to Semi Star price range.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Need some help from the experts here. So I have complete sets of the 1997 Fleer Goudey Greats(1:8) & 1997 Fleer Goudey Greats Gold Foil(1:800). But I also have a 1997 Goudey Greats set with no stamp of any kind and lacks the player name. Beckett only lists 2 sets. Any idea what I have here? The base set is a flat finished surface. The Gold Foil has a glossy surface. The set with no stamp has a glossy surface as well. Any ideas? Here are a couple examples.

goudjeter.jpg

goudsand.jpg

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Never seen the no stamp. I assume it's just a misprint. Gold foils that didn't get the foil.

This is what I thought. I actually have 2 of these sets. They came direct from Fleer and I find it odd that both sets missed the stamp. Very strange.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Completely agree......I would think that Stars are Jr, Frank, etc and Juan would be in the Minor to Semi Star price range.

Back in the 90's and early 2000's, Beckett based the Unlisted Stars/Semistars/Minor Stars tiers on performance. Now, they're based more or less on current hobby standing, which means a lot of the 90's stars are seriously undervalued (and plenty of current players are seriously overvalued). If you care about BV and all that, of course.

Members online

Latest posts