Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apr 13, 2010
This is such a fantastic thread, I check it several times a day. I have learned more about obscure and difficult to find cards than Beckett could ever tell me. Finally have something decent to contribute. I bet this is about as rare as a 1986 Sportflics Robin Yount Yankees back :lol:
KirbyPuckett1990ScorePromosFront.jpg
KirbyPuckett1990ScorePromosBack.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
youseekyoda421 said:
This is such a fantastic thread, I check it several times a day. I have learned more about obscure and difficult to find cards than Beckett could ever tell me. Finally have something decent to contribute. I bet this is about as rare as a 1986 Sportflics Robin Yount Yankees back :lol:

You'll have more than a couple of people drooling over that one. That is sweet!!! I love the Score Promos. I paid dearly for my 1990 Will Clark a couple of years ago. Are you planning on listing that Puckett? How long have you had it?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ASTROBURN said:
BunchOBull said:
nevermore said:
Cool Maddux. These are the mail-away 1995 Finest Bronze cards that were mentioned. The back is not glass though just a metal finish.

Both of these sets are made in the same way, a metal card with a roughly 1/16th inch thick plastic coating on the front.

Yeah, i didnt think that it was glass on the front. Mine feels like soft clear plastic.

Topps%20Finest%20Metal%203.jpg

These kinda remind me of the Topps Stars Gold Domed cards from 1999.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
youseekyoda421 said:
That is awesome. May I ask where you were able to find one? I have always wanted one of them.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
nosterbor said:
George_Calfas said:
AndruwHRJones said:
nosterbor said:
how rare are the 1997 & 1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Solid Silver ? any ideas on print numbers? any help.

also i would take it that these would be a 1/1
1997 Pinnacle Mint Coins Gold Redemption
1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Solid Gold Redemption

1997 via to Beckett:

Randomly inserted in packs at a rate of one in 2300, this set is parallel to the regular brass coin set and features Solid Silver coins with embossed player heads. According to various sources, approximately 20 sets were minted.

1998 via to Beckett:

Randomly inserted one in every 288 hobby packs and one in every 960 retail packs, this 30-coin set is a solid silver parallel verion of the base coin set.

I own a 1998 Silver coin of Andruw and know Fandruw25 owns one too. Those are the only two 1998's I have seen. I have never seen the 1997 and I seriously question the print run of 20. I am thinking it might be a 1/1 also.

I would trust 20. Dont forget how much of this crap is still in wax and how many of them got tossed into random boxes since they are not cards.
i would say the 98 golds do not exist .i have never even seen a gold of any player. has anyone? 1-94,000 packs! as for the 98 silvers,i opened 2 case's of the hobby and never got a silver.thats 480 packs! i did not buy anymore.

In hockey - same years... in 1998 the solid silvers had a print run of 10 and the solid golds were 1 of 1's. Have seen a copy of both before. I'm sure the baseball ones exist, but with seemingly so little of this product opened, very few have showed up so far (if any).

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
jszczech said:
youseekyoda421 said:
That is awesome. May I ask where you were able to find one? I have always wanted one of them.
Just fantastic! does anyone have a list of what players are in these promos?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
jeffv96masters said:
More from the photo redo,,,,,,up to 1998 now but seem to be missing some boxes,,,,

Forgive repeats on any I prior posted,,,,, just trying to continue the insert theme of course :)

1998 PACIFIC ONLINE WINNERS TEAM CHECKLIST (not slabbed yet)
Clemens-online-Winner.jpg

Where did you find that online winners?? WOW! that is the rarest card in the scans.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
nosterbor said:
jszczech said:
youseekyoda421 said:
Just fantastic! does anyone have a list of what players are in these promos?

I to would like to know this.

Apr 13, 2010
jszczech said:
youseekyoda421 said:
No surprise here. I picked it up on eBay a few years ago and finally decided to have it slabbed for protection. The surprise was that it was listed as a 1990 Score Promo for $4 BIN. :cool:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
youseekyoda421 said:
jszczech said:
youseekyoda421 said:
No surprise here. I picked it up on eBay a few years ago and finally decided to have it slabbed for protection. The surprise was that it was listed as a 1990 Score Promo for $4 BIN. :cool:
That might be the biggest steal ever. I wonder what it would go for at aution. Well into the triple digits I assume.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
WELL into the triple digits if I'm guessing. I'll put those promos up against just about any other promo as far as rarity. They don't get talked about as much as the First Pitch Preview's and 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown, but I bet you will run into 5 of the FPP's of Puckett before 1 of these surfaces, and the FPP's are crazy rare themselves. Such a great (underrated) card if you ask me. I looked for years for the 1990 version of Clark. Maybe I'm nuts, but I'd say $300 to $400 pretty easily, just depends on how thick the wallets are of the core Puckett collector's that still need it. Congrats on a milestone card! And for $4 . . . lol . . . that's awesome!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah I put it in the same range. The last two First Pitch Previews sold for around $250. The last 1992 Purple Promo sold for something like $750. I think this would go some where in between. $400 is a safe number for it I think.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Forgive me for asking, but regarding that Puckett sample... How do you know its a sample? All of the samples I am familiar with say sample or promo on them. Am I missing something?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
No stats on the 1990 line or Career line on the back. Early Score promos did that rather than marking it a promo, which I assume makes them that much harder to find these days since many got passed by as regular issued common cards stuffed in away in boxes that will never see light again.

Members online

Latest posts