Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Cameo" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Interesting cameo find - I discovered the 98 Bowman Womack auto last week. Looks like the photo was taken half a second before or after the photo used on Womack's 98 Topps Gallery card. People in the bleachers look the same, so I'm assuming these are taken from the same play. Pretty cool cameo combo!

98TOPPSGALLERYWOMACK25.jpg
98BOWMANWOMACK.jpg

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Is that Vizquel in the background? I don't know the Mariners from that era very well, but he certainly played shortstop at that time. Kinda looks like him but could easily be someone else...

Hey, how did you end up finding that Topps black? I've seen it marked off in your signature for a while, but don't recall you ever posting about it (once you finally got it, that is!).

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Hey, how did you end up finding that Topps black? I've seen it marked off in your signature for a while, but don't recall you ever posting about it (once you finally got it, that is!).

Just popped up on eBay for $35. Would've paid twice that amount. I about had a heart attack when I saw it at 7:00 AM, and couldn't believe when it arrived. So great...

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Just popped up on eBay for $35. Would've paid twice that amount. I about had a heart attack when I saw it at 7:00 AM, and couldn't believe when it arrived. So great...

Very cool, glad you got it! It's funny how sometimes no matter how many hours you put into looking for one card, when you find it, it's by complete chance.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Okay... in taking the cameo thing too far category...

Remember UD Power Deck CD-ROM cards from 1999 and 2000? If the player you collect appears in the video footage contained on another player's card, can you consider that a cameo card?

For instance, I spotted Grace in the highlight reel footage on Sosa's 2000 CD-ROM card (screen capture below). I'm counting it! Am I nuts?

sosapowerdeck.jpg

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

Remember UD Power Deck CD-ROM cards from 1999 and 2000? If the player you collect appears in the video footage contained on another player's card, can you consider that a cameo card?

For instance, I spotted Grace in the highlight reel footage on Sosa's 2000 CD-ROM card (screen capture below). I'm counting it! Am I nuts?

As a fellow mental patient, I'd consider it a valid PC item.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

sosapowerdeck.jpg

Was any Cub in 99 set that I need to check on?

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So did you print the screen image to put along with the powerdeck card as proof?

So heres my latest cameos...

Pretty sure thats Bagwell behind Kile
1991%20Upper%20Deck%20774%20Darryl%20Kile.jpg

I'm extremely convinced this is Bagwell behind Jones
1996%20Donruss%20Press%20Proofs%20228%20Todd%20Jones.jpg

And yeah, Proof i'm a level 3 cameo collector.
2005%20Leaf%20263%20Roger%20Clemens%20PTT.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts