Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
1997-donruss-limited-exposure-4.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
"But the Star Factor Limited Exposure at 40? I don't buy it."

I Buy it. When they all showed up I bought all the Juan's I could. I have 7 Juan's now. On the Juan Gone collectors site 20 are accounted for.
Since I bought back then I have not seen one since.

Me too. I can't speak for other players, but I've only ever seen one Griffey hit ebay in the last several years. I know a lot of the "counterparts" limited exposure errors (without the refractor sheen) were backdoored, but they didn't print a lot of the Star Factor Exposures. Even if there were some that were meant for replacements, and they were "backdoored," it definitely hasn't flooded the market to where ANY are offered for sale on a regular basis.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
"But the Star Factor Limited Exposure at 40? I don't buy it."

I Buy it. When they all showed up I bought all the Juan's I could. I have 7 Juan's now. On the Juan Gone collectors site 20 are accounted for.
Since I bought back then I have not seen one since.

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

😃

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]Limited Exposure[/h] Printed using what Donruss called "Holographic Poly-Chromium Technology" on both sides, Limited Exposure is, for all intents and purposes, a Finest Refractor knock-off. The backs of each card have the words "Limited Exposure" printed beneath the card number.
Like the base set, the Counterparts are the easiest to find, and Unlimited the toughest. According to Donruss, only 40 copies of each Star Factor Limited Exposure exist -- although they are not serial-numbered.
It is believed that a large number of Limited Exposures (especially Counterparts Limited Exposures) may have been "backdoored" after the 1998 Pinnacle Brands bankruptcy.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I have the Jeter 97 Limited Exposure as well and I love the refractor foil. You an get releativy cheap for a 97 with a /40 print run. There is one on eBay now for $99. Where as I paid a 5x more for my Grand Finale with a print run of 50.

I buy only 40 as well. I only know of 4 of these and this is one. Nice cards from the goobpod collection.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
If I needed that Jeter it would have been gone. But I owned 2 at one point sold my double for $100.00 so it's a good deal for who ever needs it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Any thoughts on the case break? I am down; rules/price depending.

I'm not setup to host nor do I have the time to manage it but I would be in. Opening bid is in the $60 per /30 team range. Not bad at all. I do think teams should have to be random as to level the cost of those seeking the Mariners/Yankees etc. Allowing some exchanges post-random of course. We'd need a firm commit for 30 slots.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I'm not setup to host nor do I have the time to manage it but I would be in. Opening bid is in the $60 per /30 team range. Not bad at all. I do think teams should have to be random as to level the cost of those seeking the Mariners/Yankees etc. Allowing some exchanges post-random of course. We'd need a firm commit for 30 slots.

I completely understand the need for random selection but I'd only be interested if I could secure the White Sox. Please let me know if this would be okay. :)

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I just paid for my 2 card lot had to dip into my bank account but hopefully I can put it back on some sales of cards. Soon to arrive the 1997 Pacific Silver #152 Derek Jeter to complete my 1997Pacific collection and 1999 Finest Team Finest Gold Refractors #TF16 DerekJeter to complete my rainbow.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Juan Gonzalez collectors will be fighting for this numbered 4/5. This person has everything it seems like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-EX-2001-Essential-Credentials-Now-Juan-Gonzalez-4-5-/121627560328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c51914988
O man, that is going to be nuts. I'm sure that Juan Gon site has gone radio silent as they all begin for battle.

That all said, I think I know the seller. I think he is who I purchased a huge Belle collection off of but I could be wrong.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
O man, that is going to be nuts. I'm sure that Juan Gon site has gone radio silent as they all begin for battle.

That all said, I think I know the seller. I think he is who I purchased a huge Belle collection off of but I could be wrong.
I'm Pretty Sure I Know The Seller As Well...............

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I'm Pretty Sure I Know The Seller As Well...............

I know him we talk via email and I am jealous of his collection as I have seen some of it. Good luck to the Juan collector's someone will be really happy in a week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts