Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This was pretty cool - decided I had to have it... 1997 Pinnacle Inside "Season Opener" Promo Kit with original packaging. Don't know how common they are, but couldn't find another one to compare prices.

$(KGrHqF,!pcF!IHo)wFuBQLq8LnR!!~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!zQE9s3stvEIBQLq8Lh-Kw~~60_3.JPG

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] - Dude, that's pretty cool! When were they handed out or what's the back story? It's a pretty cool idea and I'm guessing every player had one? Pretty neat item... hopefully it didn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
That is cool. Never seen or heard of one before. Ah cards in a can. I'm regretting not buying more pinnacle inside when I found a bunch cheap. Best card I ever pulled was the Ripken/Arod dueling dugouts.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] - Dude, that's pretty cool! When were they handed out or what's the back story? It's a pretty cool idea and I'm guessing every player had one? Pretty neat item... hopefully it didn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Just a promo kit given to Pinnacle dealers. Ryan Klesko was a hot rookie, and he was the cover boy for this product - so no other players. I thought it was worth $25 delivered ($17 + $8 shipping).

I had seen the can-shaped promotional flyer at this year's National. I know there are some players' cards pictured on the inside of it, but don't remember who. Have to wait to it arrives. Wish the can opener was marked somehow, but doesn't appear to be. I'll take better pictures when it's in hand.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just a promo kit given to Pinnacle dealers. Ryan Klesko was a hot rookie, and he was the cover boy for this product - so no other players. I thought it was worth $25 delivered ($17 + $8 shipping).

I had seen the can-shaped promotional flyer at this year's National. I know there are some players' cards pictured on the inside of it, but don't remember who. Have to wait to it arrives. Wish the can opener was marked somehow, but doesn't appear to be. I'll take better pictures when it's in hand.
It's pretty cool no matter what... how the hell did you find it on eBay? Just an oddball item and not sure it'd show up in any of my searches unless Belle was pictured :lol:

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown

I've seen one of these before and I think the can opener had something written on it. I could be mistaken though.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
This was pretty cool - decided I had to have it... 1997 Pinnacle Inside "Season Opener" Promo Kit with original packaging. Don't know how common they are, but couldn't find another one to compare prices.

Excellent pick up! I almost hit the trigger on that with my eBay bucks, then I asked myself, what am I going to do with it and stopped! A cool piece for sure.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I've seen one of these before and I think the can opener had something written on it. I could be mistaken though.

It had the Pinnacle Inside logo on it. I know this well because when I moved to Toledo for college in 1997, the shop owner gave it to me as a gag gift going away present. Used that can opener all throughout my 5 years of pharmacy school before it finally rusted :)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It had the Pinnacle Inside logo on it. I know this well because when I moved to Toledo for college in 1997, the shop owner gave it to me as a gag gift going away present. Used that can opener all throughout my 5 years of pharmacy school before it finally rusted :)
You went to pharmacy school at Toledo? What year did you graduate?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL

Cool - does the one in the box look like the one you had? Definitely hope it has a logo on it.

Members online

Latest posts