Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
And here is picture taken with iPhone of one of the better TEK cards sent even though of course he purposely sent the wrong patterns of 24 of 30 card Note the pattern number of the Gywnn not ordered was mismatched superimposed over the card number and the red markings on the top of card. This is actually one of the better condition cards (still unacceptable) but of course these are the incorrect patterns of cards ordered from rinkrats FCB listing paid for... I dont collect junk cards like these even if they were the correct pattern of cards (they were not), not junk sent to me but I guess this is richard being a petty vindictive Richard (not to be confused with Richard Petty) So many cards were dotted with black dots all over the backs, scratches, scratches along the edges of silver ovals on back, but again this is about wrong cards purposely sent by rinkrat who listed card on FCB not about condition of "As is" cards erroneously claimed by rinkrat to PAYPAL.... Let buyers beware and dont be afraid to quickly use PayPal dispute or whatever fraud prevention protection your credit card linked to PAYPAL account offers before he (or anyone else) blocks your email. Several attempts were made to offer easy solutions to rinkrat (shown above in prior post) but he chooses to ignore them and hide. So rinkrat. I do not want these trash cards you sent and my wife would like her money back. Return her money to PAYPAL as requested. I see that you rejected her request for ($66.25) money again yesterday and provide your mailing address and these cards will be returned to you. I certainly do not want them

Attachments

• a gwynn card.jpg
    a gwynn card.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Haven't been tracking them recently but if they over $200 I'm not sure the break is worth it even with the itch to complete the runs.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
So has anyone been tracking the last dozen or so 1998 Tek boxes that have sold publicly? Curious if someone could summarize where we are at with the entire topic. I remember when they could be had a few years ago for $100 to $150 and then quickly jumped into the $200s and then $300s... now I think they have hit a ceiling around $500? Real sales or someone trying to make false sales like that is the going rate?

Just trying to get this tread back on track... I would LOVE to do a group break again sometime but doubt we will be able to do it with the prices through the roof.

I am definitely not tracking, but I do not think they "sold" for $500, but were for "sale" at $500, however I do think they went for over $300 so regardless, that's just still too high for a group break. That being said, I am not a diffractor lover, so maybe with the high prices of the diffractors now it's still a possibility?

I am pretty sure someone on these boards is sitting on a couple boxes or more, so maybe he'll figure out that his friends here on FCB are so much more important than making money...:grouphug: and do a group break at cost!

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
wow.....carl goes away where he'll have no computer access for 3 months and his post count grows exponentially during the first week alone.....i still find this rather amusing ...first a "new tek collector" he just met recently (though the new guy chose to reminisce about some girls that got them both into tek many years ago) shows up patting him on the back ....next the new guy deletes his post and then places and order with richard ...said order is then paid for by carl's wife IN HOUSTON (so , um carl...your wife's name is wayne ? interesting)....somehow within 2-3 days carl (who was still supposed to be 100's of miles away with no access) has said cards in his hand and is whining and moaning to no end about how his wife got ripped off by richard....and where's wayne in all this ? after all , it was "wayne" who ordered the cards that mrs toga paid for...

personally i'd put my trust in richard on this and i for one am glad he chose to take the high road while carl keeps on keeping on....

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
gamefanatic dude Took you off ignore for a second but you are yet another guy along with $20 diffractor braggart, Oakland guy, and guy who collects player pummeled by Nolan Ryan (member names left off but you know who they are) ... all whom Ive NEVER done any trades with sold to, or bought from and are on my personal ignore/block list and do no lnow me Just ignored pests. Wife bought me cards after Wayne decided buying them for me was too much a hassle since I was about to leave on trip and my email attempts to buy direct from rinkrat were blocked for some odd reason. Its really simple.. RR, upset I wont take Diffractor cards from my personal collection that aren't dupes to me to swap with him (He Only trades and sells dupes ) like many on FCB do who are looking for Diffractor he has hoarded of a single player that he wont sell but will trade if you give him what he wants purposely sent wrong cards unsleeved in mostly bad condition to be petulant and now has blocked her from contacting him offering easy solutions so she filed dispute with PAYPAL and filed with AM Ex Fraud. PAYPAL has sent messages requesting supporting info now provided to them so either they or AM Express fraud will take care of it. Oh and by the way that Internet is a world wide thing accessible even from Prague. A very lovely place to visit and do business. So if this has nothing to do with you (and it doesnt) then you 3 or 4 pests mind your own business. I feel it is my civic duty to report any seller(s) on FCB or any other site who are not conducting business ethically by doing bait switch tactics by substituting cards not ordered and then block all email attempts to reach them with amicable solutions to protect anyone else who hasn't don't business with them to beware and buy/trade at your own risk.

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
b78e148559e287b8801d8119f9d0c26a8c344557a9c65c7de5e2f01b1abe5595_zpsjyyvmg1l.jpg

Last edited:

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
gamefanatic dude Took you off ignore for a second but you are yet another guy along with $20 diffractor braggart, Oakland guy, and guy who collects player pummeled by Nolan Ryan (member names left off but you know who they are) ... all whom Ive NEVER done any trades with sold to, or bought from and are on my personal ignore/block list and do no lnow me Just ignored pests. Wife bought me cards after Wayne decided buying them for me was too much a hassle since I was about to leave on trip and my email attempts to buy direct from rinkrat were blocked for some odd reason. Its really simple.. RR, upset I wont take Diffractor cards from my personal collection that aren't dupes to me to swap with him (He Only trades and sells dupes ) like many on FCB do who are looking for Diffractor he has hoarded of a single player that he wont sell but will trade if you give him what he wants purposely sent wrong cards unsleeved in mostly bad condition to be petulant and now has blocked her from contacting him offering easy solutions so she filed dispute with PAYPAL and filed with AM Ex Fraud. PAYPAL has sent messages requesting supporting info now provided to them so either they or AM Express fraud will take care of it. Oh and by the way that Internet is a world wide thing accessible even from Prague. A very lovely place to visit and do business. So if this has nothing to do with you (and it doesnt) then you 3 or 4 pests mind your own business. I feel it is my civic duty to report any seller(s) on FCB or any other site who are not conducting business ethically by doing bait switch tactics by substituting cards not ordered and then block all email attempts to reach them with amicable solutions to protect anyone else who hasn't don't business with them to beware and buy/trade at your own risk.

seh6p.gif

A_Pharis

Togaman is making his departure.

Creating a fake account in order to get cards from someone who has gone out of their way to not do business with you is something that is shady - at best. Having been the staffer to handle this matter since the beginning, I find that togaman has done nothing but prolong the issue.

Since it's a first banning, we'll make it short.

FYI: I can see user registrant IPs, login IPs and all deleted posts. ;)

Edit:

From the TOS - "4. Do not Impersonate any moderator, administrator or other FCB members or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity."

Last edited:

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Was at a community yard sale this past weekend and saw 2 base tek cards (Vaughn and olerud) hiding in a binder of junk wax era goodies. Unfortunately they weren't in good shape with spots and the guy wanted $10 for everything. Not worth it for 2 poor condition base cards. So at least I know these are still out their hiding. Someday I'll finish the Brady set!

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
How does everyone store their cards? I'm assuming albums with 9-pocket pages, with the cards in order so the missing patterns are located in the right place?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
How does everyone store their cards? I'm assuming albums with 9-pocket pages, with the cards in order so the missing patterns are located in the right place?

Yes have mine in a binder in order clearly can see the three I am missing
Pat. 1 , 71 , 86

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

It's been a while since we talked about this, but you can buy the small binders on amazon or something that hold EXACTLY 90 cards - TEN 9-pocket pages. And, yeah, love that the set is so... divisible by nine :)

***FIXED :p

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts