Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANNOUNCING: FCB Group, Box, and Case breaks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
FCB has ALWAYS given anyone who wanted an opportunity to sell group breaks on their site the ability to do so. This goes back to late 2007 (damn, it's been that long?!?). Granted, it is a different process for everyone other than Andrew and all the rules being different for everyone but him made it very difficult for others to succeed.

History Lesson: When the breaks first started on FCB there were 4 or 5 different people that ran them successfully. But, over time, it became a chore to get a mod to respond to a request for a break, you could only list one at a time if you weren't Andrew, and it was frustrating having to wait and wait to get one done. Rules only 7 breaks going at once and Andrew could have 6 of them increased the wait time for others to list theirs. Eventually, many of us gave up on it. It was clear FCB's intention was to allow others, but really only push the success of one breaker. I'm sure they had their reasons for that and whatever they were, they are more than valid, as it's their site.

I'm just saying that FCB themselves jumping in on their forum to sell group breaks of the products they sell in their shop is absolutely their perogative and I don't really know why they even waited this long. Perhaps it was as a gesture to Andrew or whatever. But, yo, it's THEIR site!!! AND, they are not the first people besides Andrew to attempt to do so. What success they will have will be seen down the road. Jaypers is right, there may be some "loyalty" divide issues, but I doubt it. Those that like Andrew and his products and price will stay with him and I'm sure FCB hosting breaks and driving more traffic to the site, if it does indeed do so, will help drive more potential business to Andrew as well, so it's potentially a win-win for both of them.

Some are saying it's not right to do this to Andrew, etc., but really, I'm sure Andrew is thankful to FCB for the opportunity to host the breaks and make some cash from them for as long as he has been (I believe these type of breaks started back in late 2007). FCB has held back from jumping in on case breaks for SEVEN years!!! PLUS, competition is healthy, especially for YOU, the buyer.

I personally fail to see the harm in having another option to chose from. I don't actually participate in these type of breaks anymore, save for a rare occasion, but perhaps if there were other products offered, that would help. I know as a buyer, I do like the box break or sharing boxes with a few individuals options more than the random team breaks. Sounds like FCB will be offering some of that too, which is great! Maybe FCB will even come up with something new that will increase appeal and be different from what others are doing. Ryan found a niche no one was tapping and is working it to bring something new to the box break options, targeting player collectors with products from the 90's and going after some of the tougher to find inserts, etc., that collectors still need and are willing to pay a small amount of money to try and hit and have some fun in the process.

Best of luck to you in your endeavour!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
FCB has ALWAYS given anyone who wanted an opportunity to sell group breaks on their site the ability to do so. This goes back to late 2007 (damn, it's been that long?!?). Granted, it is a different process for everyone other than Andrew and all the rules being different for everyone but him made it very difficult for others to succeed.

History Lesson: When the breaks first started on FCB there were 4 or 5 different people that ran them successfully. But, over time, it became a chore to get a mod to respond to a request for a break, you could only list one at a time if you weren't Andrew, and it was frustrating having to wait and wait to get one done. Rules only 7 breaks going at once and Andrew could have 6 of them increased the wait time for others to list theirs. Eventually, many of us gave up on it. It was clear FCB's intention was to allow others, but really only push the success of one breaker. I'm sure they had their reasons for that and whatever they were, they are more than valid, as it's their site.

I'm just saying that FCB themselves jumping in on their forum to sell group breaks of the products they sell in their shop is absolutely their perogative and I don't really know why they even waited this long. Perhaps it was as a gesture to Andrew or whatever. But, yo, it's THEIR site!!! AND, they are not the first people besides Andrew to attempt to do so. What success they will have will be seen down the road. Jaypers is right, there may be some "loyalty" divide issues, but I doubt it. Those that like Andrew and his products and price will stay with him and I'm sure FCB hosting breaks and driving more traffic to the site, if it does indeed do so, will help drive more potential business to Andrew as well, so it's potentially a win-win for both of them.

Some are saying it's not right to do this to Andrew, etc., but really, I'm sure Andrew is thankful to FCB for the opportunity to host the breaks and make some cash from them for as long as he has been (I believe these type of breaks started back in late 2007). FCB has held back from jumping in on case breaks for SEVEN years!!! PLUS, competition is healthy, especially for YOU, the buyer.

I personally fail to see the harm in having another option to chose from. I don't actually participate in these type of breaks anymore, save for a rare occasion, but perhaps if there were other products offered, that would help. I know as a buyer, I do like the box break or sharing boxes with a few individuals options more than the random team breaks. Sounds like FCB will be offering some of that too, which is great! Maybe FCB will even come up with something new that will increase appeal and be different from what others are doing. Ryan found a niche no one was tapping and is working it to bring something new to the box break options, targeting player collectors with products from the 90's and going after some of the tougher to find inserts, etc., that collectors still need and are willing to pay a small amount of money to try and hit and have some fun in the process.

Best of luck to you in your endeavour!

Leave it to Bill to come up with a post that covers all of the bases in a calm, logical manner (something not all of us can do).

Well said Bill.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Also....when this was announced a few weeks ago, Andrew (or someone else...) said that Andrew didn't have the time to keep up with the demand of the breaks, especially with him being on eBay now.

Soooooooo many whiners. It's sooooooo horrible the FCB wants to give Andrew a small break and offer its' board members with more break options more often. Shame on you [MENTION=3387]bmc398[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]! How dare you guys!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Also....when this was announced a few weeks ago, Andrew (or someone else...) said that Andrew didn't have the time to keep up with the demand of the breaks, especially with him being on eBay now.

Soooooooo many whiners. It's sooooooo horrible the FCB wants to give Andrew a small break and offer its' board members with more break options more often. Shame on you @bmc398 and @cgilmo! How dare you guys!

Gilmore was talking about the outside world breaks, as the demand out there is crazy. Nothing to do with FCB demand and I know I sure didnt say I cant keep up with it. And for ebay, its just a go to when a break on here gets no love. Got to move product but the fees will kill you.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Gilmore was talking about the outside world breaks, as the demand out there is crazy. Nothing to do with FCB demand and I know I sure didnt say I cant keep up with it. And for ebay, its just a go to when a break on here gets no love. Got to move product but the fees will kill you.

I swear someone posted about the overload you have.....but still I rescind my previous statement and don't mean to slander your name. I read every post of every thread so things do tend to get jumbled in my head.

Still my point- Why would anyone be opposed to having another legit source of group breaks, especially if it's coming from the board owners...serious question.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I swear someone posted about the overload you have.....but still I rescind my previous statement and don't mean to slander your name. I read every post of every thread so things do tend to get jumbled in my head.

Still my point- Why would anyone be opposed to having another legit source of group breaks, especially if it's coming from the board owners...serious question.

Overload, thats funny.

I have no problem with other people breaking, in the long run we want people to come to the boards. If people dont come to the boards for 1 reason or another, the boards will go bye bye.

Traffic is good for everyone.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
In all honesty I think you guys could be creative and try to provide breaks that nobody offers.

Still waiting for suggestions!

Had a cool idea for power showcase..... Half the case would be a hit draft and half of the case would be a pillowcase pack by pack random assignment. One slot would get you one draft pick and one random pack. Could be pretty cool and a lot of interactivity!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Still waiting for suggestions!

Had a cool idea for power showcase..... Half the case would be a hit draft and half of the case would be a pillowcase pack by pack random assignment. One slot would get you one draft pick and one random pack. Could be pretty cool and a lot of interactivity!

I gave AIC a suggestion to break Leaf Oval Office-Spot=President. He broke a $3,000/pack product for the masses, several times.

I said to do a Leaf Rookie Retro break by the decade.
Leaf Rookie Retro by all 120+ 4 major sport teams = Less than $15 a slot for a chance a really nice card.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
People love fantasy drafts. Hold a fantasy draft for multiple players in a product like Tier 1. Legends and current mix. Who would be number 1 overall taken?

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I would love to host group breaks like on blowout...just record everything via ustream and put it on YouTube after. No profit for me, just get to enjoy opening the wax.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Who profits?

The store, or the individual moderator who is running the break?

A. Why does it matter?

B. Do you really think group breakers do it for the profit? Just ask Andrew....when all is said and done it's probably not netting what you think it is after fees.

C. We won't be doing it in a scale that makes it profitable (unless this is wildly popular) ....remember, we are driving board traffic, posts and content! Weirdly enough, there are people who like to see group breaks done....but do not participate.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
A. Why does it matter?

B. Do you really think group breakers do it for the profit? Just ask Andrew....when all is said and done it's probably not netting what you think it is after fees.

C. We won't be doing it in a scale that makes it profitable (unless this is wildly popular) ....remember, we are driving board traffic, posts and content! Weirdly enough, there are people who like to see group breaks done....but do not participate.

A. It's not obvious?
B. There are many reasons that group breakers perform group breaks, one of which is profit. The second is the ability to buy in quantity and obtain product for the breaker's use at a cheaper rate. There are numerous others.
C. So you're LOSING money on these group breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts