Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 RAZOR SIGNATURE SERIES BASEBALL CHECKLISTAND INFO!.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
A couple questions:

Does the base set have the same players as the autograph set? I guess I'm asking if there are players that only have one card in the base set and it is autographed or if every player has a "rookie card" and then a subset auto.

I don't know how the licensing is on this, but can minor league logos be included if they are patch cards? I was looking at minor league logos the other day and there are some really cool ones that would make sweet cards if it was the full patch from hats or something. Who wouldn't want a Montgomery Biscuits, Las Vegas 51's, or Beloit Snappers patch card?

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:
I guessing the surprise spot is Pedro Alvarez, that is, unless Topps actually signed a big guy other than Gordon Beckham from this years draft.

Pedro is listed in the checklist #102

Ah, my bad. I wonder how much money is invested in this checklist...The most in history I wager...

I'm guessing your right but if you want the hobby pub then your going to have ot fork over the money to get THE big names....and Razor has all the BIG names

Yes but how are these contracts going to pay off in the long run? Collectors do not enjoy recycled rookie cards, and Razor will be forced to recycle them to even break even on the contracts.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
I guessing the surprise spot is Pedro Alvarez, that is, unless Topps actually signed a big guy other than Gordon Beckham from this years draft.

He is razor exclusive... second name on the list!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
razorent said:
ThoseBackPages said:
"WE ARE PRODUCING 15-20% OF QUANTITY OF BOWMAN DRAFT (ESTIMATE)....."

Ive seen the above mentioned more than once now.

Bowman Draft Picks is $3/pack SRP

Razor Sig Series is $10/pack SRP?

I dont see how saying your 3x+ more SRP per pack product is produced at a fraction of BDP makes much sense

While im responding, if im collecting Tim Beckham, i want Tim Beckham, not Tim's auto with other players on it.
This formula has failed for BCDP products in the money department, why list that as a positive in yours?

Thanks for the civil reply....

1> Bowman draft costs $46.80 box direct. Razor costs $75 box direct.
Their case is $561.60. Mine is $750. Thus, for every $750 at cost of product we make, they make $2800 worth at cost!!.... plus, with 155 auto subjects total (compared to 25 for them), we are making WAY less of each signature card.

2> multiplayer autographs form us are VERY limited. They arent for everyone. Speculators dont like them. COLLECTORS often do. Would you rather pull a dual form that list or another 6th rounder from the Columbia school of broadcasting like the other guys load products with????

Hope this helps... brian

Thank You for taking the time to answer my question.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:

Ah, my bad. I wonder how much money is invested in this checklist...The most in history I wager...

I'm guessing your right but if you want the hobby pub then your going to have ot fork over the money to get THE big names....and Razor has all the BIG names

Yes but how are these contracts going to pay off in the long run? Collectors do not enjoy recycled rookie cards, and Razor will be forced to recycle them to even break even on the contracts.

I hear what your saying....I guess time will tell

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
jkeen01 said:
What's the difference between the base autographs and the insert autographs?

I'm curious about this as well.

Base auto features base XRC autograph... Insert auto is a 40 card subset featuring Razor Exclusives only.... They are numbered as inserts (NOT PART OF REGULAR SET!)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
razorent said:
Would you rather pull a dual form that list or another 6th rounder from the Columbia school of broadcasting like the other guys load products with????

Wow, the Columbia School of Broadcasting had a 6th round pick? It sounds like there have been multiple players, hence "another", damn. Good for them. Who were they and what products were they in, I wanna go on a hunt.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
"WE ARE PRODUCING 15-20% OF QUANTITY OF BOWMAN DRAFT (ESTIMATE)....."

Ive seen the above mentioned more than once now.

Bowman Draft Picks is $3/pack SRP

Razor Sig Series is $10/pack SRP?

I dont see how saying your 3x+ more SRP per pack product is produced at a fraction of BDP makes much sense

While im responding, if im collecting Tim Beckham, i want Tim Beckham, not Tim's auto with other players on it.
This formula has failed for BCDP products in the money department, why list that as a positive in yours?

And to further add to what you have said, while the autos are 2-4x as many per box, the production is 5x (approximately) less than BDP. That being said, sounds like roughly about the same amount of autos as BDP, maybe a little bit more, but less base cards. It looks like at $10 per pack, you are truly paying for the auto and not a lot of base. Base chrome is where a lot of people make bigger money. Sounds like for prospectors, you will have to sell the auto to cash in and hopefully break even.

With those numbers, I would feel better buying the auto as a single instead. Plus you are looking at 40 autos instead of 25 compared to BDP. You still have a 50/50 shot of getting someone not in the first round for your auto with Razor....that may be good or that may be bad because you still have a 50/50 shot of getting a player that isn't 1st round.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this is worth it or not. :?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jkeen01 said:
What are the range of quantities on the base autographs? I think we've heard /499 is the lowest, but what's the highest and what will be typical?

How about I answer it this way, I have heard Topps makes 1600-1800 base autos of their players. We do not have a single player who signed that many base autos.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Tim has a base auto with just his sig on it. It's card #101.

I understand that, but safe money bets that there are only going to be 199 of those packed out, with the rest of his autos being fluff with other players on it

Beckham Base auto #/499 with parallels of 199, 25 and 5!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
razorent said:
Jaypers said:
jkeen01 said:

Base auto features base XRC autograph... Insert auto is a 40 card subset featuring Razor Exclusives only.... They are numbered as inserts (NOT PART OF REGULAR SET!)

Besides the numbering, will there be a clear telltale sign between the base and insert auto sets on the FRONTS of the cards, so as to avoid confusion?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ruffryder98499 said:
Will this product be on card or cut windows? You also state that there will be 2-4 autographs of 1st rounders, aren't you advertising as 1 autograph per pack?

As far as how cards are signed.... The order form shows trapped (window) signatures.... I cannot say more right now... BUT, as Ive stated 50 times, Im a prospector too and want this product to rock...

of the 10 autos per box, 2-4 will feature first round picks... rest are from later rounds (mostly 1st supp, 2nd and third+ big bonus guys)....

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:

maybe, BUT dont hate us because we actually spend money to make products good!.... You guys are NOT IDIOTS.... Companies should NOT be able to make products worse and worse only to be met with acceptance....

We are YOUR company.... we listen.... Dont hate... Appreciate and embrace it!

I am available by phone at 214-393-4510 for anyone with questions ideas... BG

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
razorent said:
As far as how cards are signed.... The order form shows trapped (window) signatures.... I cannot say more right now... BUT, as Ive stated 50 times, Im a prospector too and want this product to rock... quote]

So is that the big suprise "on-card"???? the one in which you said by release we will already know?

jkeen01

Aug 7, 2008
razorent said:
Jaypers said:
jkeen01 said:

Will the insert autos feature a different picture? Will they possibly be on-card autographs?

Also, I know the sell sheet featured horizontal autographs, ala the USA autographs. Will we see any vertical pictures with autographs in this set or future releases?

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
So there are base autos of everyone you listed and then also XRS #d autos of those same players? Are both cards identical other than the fact that one is serial numbered?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:

TRUST ME... we are still making money with our contracts.. Have you conisdered the size of contracts your hearing about might be exaggerated by our competitors as an excuse why they dont have them???? BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
razorent said:
Jaypers said:
jkeen01 said:

Besides the numbering, will there be a clear telltale sign between the base and insert auto sets on the FRONTS of the cards, so as to avoid confusion?

ABSOLUTELY!

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:

maybe, BUT dont hate us because we actually spend money to make products good!.... You guys are NOT IDIOTS.... Companies should NOT be able to make products worse and worse only to be met with acceptance....

We are YOUR company.... we listen.... Dont hate... Appreciate and embrace it!

I am available by phone at 214-393-4510 for anyone with questions ideas... BG

I am not hating, I am merely pointing out an obvious flaw in Razors business plan. Do I want to see you guys fail? Absolutely not; more companies = better products (its the same principle that fuels capitalism). To be completely honest, I get a annoyingly smug vibe from a lot of the posts you and Razor supporters from these boards make, and it makes it easy to dislike the company and the product. I find it interesting that several members seem to be completely and utterly devoted to a product that is FAR from a sure thing.

Members online

Latest posts