Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 RAZOR SIGNATURE SERIES BASEBALL CHECKLISTAND INFO!.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:
I guessing the surprise spot is Pedro Alvarez, that is, unless Topps actually signed a big guy other than Gordon Beckham from this years draft.

Pedro is listed in the checklist #102

Ah, my bad. I wonder how much money is invested in this checklist...The most in history I wager...

maybe, BUT dont hate us because we actually spend money to make products good!.... You guys are NOT IDIOTS.... Companies should NOT be able to make products worse and worse only to be met with acceptance....

We are YOUR company.... we listen.... Dont hate... Appreciate and embrace it!

I am available by phone at 214-393-4510 for anyone with questions ideas... BG

I am not hating, I am merely pointing out an obvious flaw in Razors business plan. Do I want to see you guys fail? Absolutely not; more companies = better products (its the same principle that fuels capitalism). To be completely honest, I get a annoyingly smug vibe from a lot of the posts you and Razor supporters from these boards make, and it makes it easy to dislike the company and the product. I find it interesting that several members seem to be completely and utterly devoted to a product that is FAR from a sure thing.

I have to agree with this. That doesn't make me not like them but it is getting old.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ahill1 said:
razorent said:
As far as how cards are signed.... The order form shows trapped (window) signatures.... I cannot say more right now... BUT, as Ive stated 50 times, Im a prospector too and want this product to rock... quote]

So is that the big suprise "on-card"???? the one in which you said by release we will already know?

STOP IT.... you cant have it all on the first date!.... BE PATIENT!.. Brian

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
So there are base autos of everyone you listed and then also XRS #d autos of those same players? Are both cards identical other than the fact that one is serial numbered?

different colors

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
razorent said:
ahill1 said:
razorent said:
As far as how cards are signed.... The order form shows trapped (window) signatures.... I cannot say more right now... BUT, as Ive stated 50 times, Im a prospector too and want this product to rock... quote]

So is that the big suprise "on-card"???? the one in which you said by release we will already know?

STOP IT.... you cant have it all on the first date!.... BE PATIENT!.. Brian

:D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
soccerman034 said:
I am not hating, I am merely pointing out an obvious flaw in Razors business plan. Do I want to see you guys fail? Absolutely not; more companies = better products (its the same principle that fuels capitalism). To be completely honest, I get a annoyingly smug vibe from a lot of the posts you and Razor supporters from these boards make, and it makes it easy to dislike the company and the product. I find it interesting that several members seem to be completely and utterly devoted to a product that is FAR from a sure thing.

Would you prefer that he posted with a defeatist attitude? Would you buy the product if so?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
soccerman034 said:
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:
I guessing the surprise spot is Pedro Alvarez, that is, unless Topps actually signed a big guy other than Gordon Beckham from this years draft.

Ah, my bad. I wonder how much money is invested in this checklist...The most in history I wager...

maybe, BUT dont hate us because we actually spend money to make products good!.... You guys are NOT IDIOTS.... Companies should NOT be able to make products worse and worse only to be met with acceptance....

With this, I wholly agree. I got the vibe as well. I spoke with Brian for 40 minutes or so last month and he didn't come off as he did on this board. Neither do I, for that matter. He's confident in his product, and it comes off as annoying smugness here. I addressed this exact point with him; I don't remember the resolution, if there was one. It was his attitude on the board that turned me off to the product. I'm neither a supporter or a "hater". I have a case on order, I think, from AIC, and we'll see how it does. Again, I wish Brian well.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Jaypers said:
soccerman034 said:

Would you prefer that he posted with a defeatist attitude? Would you buy the product if so?

Jean Paul, there are many ways to be confident, and sound confident, without being arrogant and coming off that way.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
soccerman034 said:

Ill make you a challenge.... Ill break 70 bxs Bowman Draft and 50 bxs of Razor on you tube with witnesses. Well list EVERY AUTO CARD (and base chromes) on ebay.. wanna bet which has a better return???? Id put my money where my mouth is.... My 500 autos vs. their 70 autos plus base chromes isnt even a match....LOL

But seriously, we arent trying to be smug... we just live in a cynical world... and why shouldnt we... the companies have continued to deliver worse products and we just eat it up.... ENOUGH ALREADY!.... How did you do breaking bowman chrome????

If anyone isnt so sure about Razor, I urge you NOT to buy the product. Wait and see how it does.... I have a feeling those pessimists will be pleasantly surprised..... Let the product do the talking?????

Frow

soccerman034 said:

I don't think it's smugness....I think they and other members are tired of people pointlessly attacking this product for no reason at all. I don't think it's too much to ask for people to be decent to them or to stop making off the wall accusations of what their business model is by people whom haven't the slightest idea.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeff N. said:
Jaypers said:
soccerman034 said:

Jean Paul, there are many ways to be confident, and sound confident, without being arrogant and coming off that way.

Jeffrey, I'm not picking up this implied arrogance at all. He's a salesman, and comes off that way to me here. Maybe you're seeing it because Topps Reps don't use this sort of sales pitch, but when you're starting out at the bottom of the heap and trying to plant your flag in the draft picks market, you do whatever you have to do to get noticed.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jaypers said:
soccerman034 said:

So being smug or being defeatist are the only options? Well...if it works in politics.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
JP- No, but is the smugness really needed? Give us information on the product, and try and make a good impression with the public; they are the new kid on the block after all. I get the feeling that he, and several on these boards, devoutly beleive that Razor can do no wrong when it is very possible the whole thing could blow up in everyones face. Again, I don't want that to happen, but it could.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brett Keith said:
Jaypers said:
soccerman034 said:

So being smug or being defeatist are the only options? Well...if it works in politics.

Sure, there's always the option of being completely dispassionate. I don't think anything less than a lot of enthusiasm will help sell your product, though.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
soccerman034 said:
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
[quote="soccerman034":7w6gr5qq]I guessing the surprise spot is Pedro Alvarez, that is, unless Topps actually signed a big guy other than Gordon Beckham from this years draft.

With this, I wholly agree. I got the vibe as well. I spoke with Brian for 40 minutes or so last month and he didn't come off as he did on this board. Neither do I, for that matter. He's confident in his product, and it comes off as annoying smugness here. I addressed this exact point with him; I don't remember the resolution, if there was one. It was his attitude on the board that turned me off to the product. I'm neither a supporter or a "hater". I have a case on order, I think, from AIC, and we'll see how it does. Again, I wish Brian well.[/quote:7w6gr5qq]

Thanks for the post, hopefully those who find us smug or arrogant will take the time to call and chat... I am literally sitting here taking every call that comes in to talk to fans/collectors. I hope they take away from that that we are here to do GOOD THINGS.
BG

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
razorent said:
soccerman034 said:
ahill1 said:
[quote="soccerman034":10r0tyja]I guessing the surprise spot is Pedro Alvarez, that is, unless Topps actually signed a big guy other than Gordon Beckham from this years draft.

Ill make you a challenge.... Ill break 70 bxs Bowman Draft and 50 bxs of Razor on you tube with witnesses. Well list EVERY AUTO CARD (and base chromes) on ebay.. wanna bet which has a better return???? Id put my money where my mouth is.... My 500 autos vs. their 70 autos plus base chromes isnt even a match....LOL

But seriously, we arent trying to be smug... we just live in a cynical world... and why shouldnt we... the companies have continued to deliver worse products and we just eat it up.... ENOUGH ALREADY!.... How did you do breaking bowman chrome????

If anyone isnt so sure about Razor, I urge you NOT to buy the product. Wait and see how it does.... I have a feeling those pessimists will be pleasantly surprised..... Let the product do the talking?????[/quote:10r0tyja]

I thought you weren't opening your own product.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
soccerman034 said:
JP- No, but is the smugness really needed? Give us information on the product, and try and make a good impression with the public; they are the new kid on the block after all. I get the feeling that he, and several on these boards, devoutly beleive that Razor can do no wrong when it is very possible the whole thing could blow up in everyones face. Again, I don't want that to happen, but it could.

See my posts above.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Jeff N. said:
Jaypers said:
soccerman034 said:

Jeffrey, I'm not picking up this implied arrogance at all. He's a salesman, and comes off that way to me here. Maybe you're seeing it because Topps Reps don't use this sort of sales pitch, but when you're starting out at the bottom of the heap and trying to plant your flag in the draft picks market, you do whatever you have to do to get noticed.

+1 I think this is VERY well said and accurate.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:

I agree with you 100%.... There are risks.... BUT, we are big boys and willing to bet on the public wanting solid value!

Isnt there also always the risk collectors will wakeup and see the lack of value in some commonly IDOLIZED products?????? BG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts