Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 USA Retail Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
Accidentally posted this in the TTM forum earlier.

I tried using the search and google and ebay to figure out the answer but I can't find anything 100%, what exactly comes in these sets, is it just the base set? Are these rare/worth the buy? Is it best to keep them factory sealed, or bust them and hold and keep the cards loose?

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
For some reason, the last sealed retail set that sold on ebay went for $15 + s/h. I wouldn't bank on that being the norm, though. I would think that if nothing changes on the 2011 Bowman Checklist that the Rendon should sell very well come draft day since, if I recall correctly, he only has a relic in Bowman. I'm sure the relics will sell a little better but the fact that he will only have 2 cards should drive prices up on the box set cards. If you want to take the risk, I would go with the purchase 10+ sets route. Lot up all of the other guys and move them to recoup the majority of your investment and then piece out the Rendon's after the hype.

Disclaimer: I am not doing this but it sounds like a good plan.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Come draft day these sets will sell very well. Im sitting on 25 boxes minus 20 Rendons that I already sold to recoup half my investment. I agree that you need to purchase at least a minimum of 10 to entice any sort of buyer. Guys like Cole, Gray, Starling and so on will help you make your money back easily.

Members online

Latest posts