Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Bowman Retail - LIVE this week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Retail doesn't hit the shelves in my area until a week or two after Blaster Box breaks show up posted in the breaks section here so I don't anticipate an early taste myself.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Re: 2011 Bowman Retail

sportscardfanatic said:
Erich said:
frzg said:
bradical said:
frzg said:
[quote="bozemanbreaker":yft0i0pg]approx. release?

This week.

Product already shipped to retail stores and should be showing up on the shelves over the next 24-48 hours.

Be on the lookout and avoid blasters!

Where are you getting this info from?

Distributors,

and topps just confirmed it,

toppscards Topps Company: Bowman retail ships this week. You should start seeing on shelves soon.

Correct me if I am wrong but at the stores by my house the product comes from Excell Marketing. Won't they have to get it first then on to the stores? I don't see them being in those stores before next week.

It just depends on when they stock the shelves. Mine does it early in the week, so I doubt I will see it. I'm going to check tomorrow. If they stock later in the week, you will probably see it Thursday or Friday. Some people will get lucky.[/quote:yft0i0pg]
I get what you are saying but I understand it as Topps just shipped the cards. That means Excell does not get it until later in the week then on to the stores. Maybe I just don't understand how it works.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Re: 2011 Bowman Retail

Erich said:
sportscardfanatic said:
Erich said:
frzg said:
bradical said:
[quote="frzg":3i54por3][quote="bozemanbreaker":3i54por3]approx. release?

This week.

Product already shipped to retail stores and should be showing up on the shelves over the next 24-48 hours.

Be on the lookout and avoid blasters!

Where are you getting this info from?

Distributors,

and topps just confirmed it,

toppscards Topps Company: Bowman retail ships this week. You should start seeing on shelves soon.

Correct me if I am wrong but at the stores by my house the product comes from Excell Marketing. Won't they have to get it first then on to the stores? I don't see them being in those stores before next week.

It just depends on when they stock the shelves. Mine does it early in the week, so I doubt I will see it. I'm going to check tomorrow. If they stock later in the week, you will probably see it Thursday or Friday. Some people will get lucky.[/quote:3i54por3]
I get what you are saying but I understand it as Topps just shipped the cards. That means Excell does not get it until later in the week then on to the stores. Maybe I just don't understand how it works.[/quote:3i54por3]

Strangely enough, my stores are stocked by Beckett (no apparent affiliation with Beckett Media). They are usually pretty on par with the rest of the people on this forum with regards to having stuff on the shelf. But as I was saying, it just depends on when stuff hits. I've seen things a week early. I've also seen things a week late. I see what you are saying...the stuff has to get to Excell before it hits the shelves. Who knows, maybe they got it last week?

I placed an order for Bowman Baseball Retail last year from an online retailer. They mistakenly sent me Bowman Chrome Retail, but when I checked for breaks on the forum, there were none. Meaning I had it days before most people could find it on the shelves. And a week before Hobby released. I'm not sure how that worked out, but I'm guessing it ships out with plenty of time to get it on the shelves for the release.

Best thing to do if you are eager to get retail is to call around and see when the person comes to stock the shelves. They should be able to tell you.

I've talked to the lady that does the Target's in my area. The shipment comes separate from a Target warehouse truck. It either comes UPS or a separate box trucking company depending on size of order. When Target receives it, it goes into a room where it sits until the card lady comes and puts it out, but the lady doesn't hit the Target every week so some Targets in different areas have it on the shelves before others. This is why some have it out and some don't. Target themselves are not responsible for putting the product out when it arrives. They could do it, but the chances of that are slim and none.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
solt0131 said:
I've talked to the lady that does the Target's in my area. The shipment comes separate from a Target warehouse truck. It either comes UPS or a separate box trucking company depending on size of order. When Target receives it, it goes into a room where it sits until the card lady comes and puts it out, but the lady doesn't hit the Target every week so some Targets in different areas have it on the shelves before others. This is why some have it out and some don't. Target themselves are not responsible for putting the product out when it arrives. They could do it, but the chances of that are slim and none.

This makes a lot of sense. Target is always inconsistent compared to the Walmart across the street. I've always wondered how Target stocks their shelves. The Walmart is stocked once a week. The Target is hit or miss. There's another Target 15 minutes away and they sometimes have a ton of new stuff when the one down the street from me doesn't. I've actually stopped going to Target because of that. I'll keep everyone posted on my Walmart here. Today is the day they stock the shelves.

When Target gets cards from Excel, they put the boxes right in the candy room which is right by the card shelves and the boxes sit there until the Excel rep comes and puts them out. Target is not responsible for putting them out. This came right from the mouth of a Target supervisor.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
solt0131 said:
When Target gets cards from Excel, they put the boxes right in the candy room which is right by the card shelves and the boxes sit there until the Excel rep comes and puts them out. Target is not responsible for putting them out. This came right from the mouth of a Target supervisor.

One of the Targets near me actually puts the boxes that the cards ship in on one of dem dear dolly/hand truck thingies and leaves it right near the aisle where they keep the cards. It sits there until like the poster above said, the rep comes to put them out on the shelves. Whenever I see them sitting there, I peak inside and if I see something I like, I buy it, provided it's still sealed or doesn't like like it's been poured through by pack searchers. It's the ONLY way I will even buy cards from a Target/Walmart anymore, aside from blasters. The packs/jumbo packs are so molested that not only is there nothing in them of value, even the base cards have bent corners and edge damage.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Bill Menard said:
solt0131 said:

One of the Targets near me actually puts the boxes that the cards ship in on one of dem dear dolly/hand truck thingies and leaves it right near the aisle where they keep the cards. It sits there until like the poster above said, the rep comes to put them out on the shelves. Whenever I see them sitting there, I peak inside and if I see something I like, I buy it, provided it's still sealed or doesn't like like it's been poured through by pack searchers. It's the ONLY way I will even buy cards from a Target/Walmart anymore, aside from blasters. The packs/jumbo packs are so molested that not only is there nothing in them of value, even the base cards have bent corners and edge damage.

I was at a Target 25 minutes ago, and i saw the exact same thing that Bill just described. I didn't open the boxes, as they were still sealed, but I'm thinking about calling that target back and asking them when that stuff will be displayed. Not, as was pointed out, when THEY will do it; but if they know when the rep is coming to do it.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
So I hit Target and Walmart during my lunch break. Nada.

Now that you mention that thing about Target, I remember seeing boxes in that aisle in the past. If that's the case, there was nothing in the aisle today...so who knows when Target will be stocking. I went to Walmart thinking it was a sure thing they would be stocking today, but the person who is usually doing the stocking was not there today. Not to mention, the area looks picked through. But in a way, that's a good sign because that means she will be there tonight or later this week. I'll check it again on my way home tonight. I did buy some Value Boxes and hit a dual relic auto redemption of Bob Gibson/Strasburg. I posted my break in the break section. That was pretty exciting.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Last year I picked up Bowman blasters and Value Packs the Monday of release.
I am willing to bet that we will see the same this year, especially if Topps just now released the product.
Question is, how many blasters to buy and put back to resell later?

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I imagine some of the people that work at Target are getting weirded out by all the questions about when cards will be put on the shelf. I imagine somebody has a notebook with comments like

Tuesday, 7:05 am. Truck with Beckett on hood comes into parking lot and unloads cardboard boxes that are the right size to hold blaster boxes.

Tuesday, 7:35 am. Stopped at snack bar for large cherry slurpee

Tuesday, 8:00 am. In womens underwear aisle staking out card aisle, and just as suspected, card shaped boxes from previous Beckett delivery truck are now being delivered to card aisle. I think I have figured out the pattern........

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've got 4 kids and I am constantly in the WM by me and have figured out their re-stocker from Beckett comes in on Thursday. The store personel could care less I'm certain.

I actually applied to that Beckett company (not related to mag) when I saw an opening posted but I think the fact that I had experience and knowledge of the Hobby actually scared them off, with them figuring I would take advantage of the situation...

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
UPDATE:

Just went to Target to pick up some household necessities and scope out the 2011 Bowman situation...

When I went in I headed straight for the card aisle and found nothing new.

I did my shopping and on the way back 2 sealed cardboard boxes were sitting in the card section in a cart with tape that said time sensative product, get to shelf ASAP (or something like that).

At this point the mission began. Lets just say that if the cardboard boxes were a compound in pakistan and Target was the Pakistani government, I went in without reguard because I wanted Bin Laded (2011 Bowman).

I'm sad to report the mission was a failure because it was a decoy complex holding tons of magic/yugioh/wwe cards. Both compounds did not yield Geronimo.

Just thought I would let people know that were eyeing those cardboard boxes, 2011 Bowman wasn't in the 2 sealed boxes at my Target...

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
bballjunky24 said:
UPDATE:

Just went to Target to pick up some household necessities and scope out the 2011 Bowman situation...

I did my shopping and on the way back 2 sealed cardboard boxes were sitting in the card section in a cart with tape that said time sensative product, get to shelf ASAP (or something like that).

At this point the mission began. Lets just say that if the cardboard boxes were a compound in pakistan and Target was the Pakistani government, I went in without reguard because I wanted Bin Laded (2011 Bowman).

I'm sad to report the mission was a failure because it was a decoy complex holding tons of magic/yugioh/wwe cards. Both compounds did not yield Geronimo.

Just thought I would let people know that were eyeing those cardboard boxes, 2011 Bowman wasn't in the 2 sealed boxes at my Target...

I forgot to mention I had a rogue agent on my team, the manager was helping me and she was getting a kick out of my enthusiasm for the cardboard crack... :cool:

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
bballjunky24 said:
UPDATE:

Okay...that was awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm going to guess that half of the card community will be lucky and get this by the end of the week, the rest of us will be waiting till the beginning of next week. Sorry folks...but it's Walmart and Target we are talking about. Not Best Buy with a Tuesday release of the latest hit Bluray or iPad2. Very sad, but what can you do.

I'll keep checking my local Walmart/Target since it's 5 minutes from my work/house. Anyone here live in MD?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
bballjunky24 said:
bballjunky24 said:
UPDATE:

I forgot to mention I had a rogue agent on my team, the manager was helping me and she was getting a kick out of my enthusiasm for the cardboard crack... :cool:

I said i was going to call, and did. The girl I talked to was SUPER helpful and put me on hold while she went to the card section and presumabley opened the sealed box and told me nothing with Bowmann 2011 was in them.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
We won't see them until next week at the earliest (at least GA). I know Excell will get them this week then they UPS them to the Targets. I just talked to a Excell guy.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Erich said:
We won't see them until next week at the earliest (at least GA). I know Excell will get them this week then they UPS them to the Targets. I just talked to a Excell guy.

Maybe that means online orders will get here faster? :)

yeah...I realize this is crazy talk...but man...the suspense is killing me.

Members online

Latest posts