Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 UD Tiger Woods Master Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There are a lot of comments about $3k and it being a lot of money, etc. Let's put it this way... if you're buying this product, $3k is not an issue to you :lol:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
There are a lot of comments about $3k and it being a lot of money, etc. Let's put it this way... if you're buying this product, $3k is not an issue to you :lol:

And when you think about the value in it....it's hard to lose your ass! Id rather bust one of these than 2 cases of Bowman Jumbo!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
And when you think about the value in it....it's hard to lose your ass! Id rather bust one of these than 2 cases of Bowman Jumbo!

Yea fair enough. If you have $3k to spend on product, this is a pretty sure bet product with LITTLE to flip or deal with IF you are looking to do so. If you're looking for a great buy with value and PC items, this is a sure bet.

I for one, don't have $3k to spend on cards lol. I have a hard time buying a $50 pack of cards no adays but then again, I'll spend $100 on a nice Belle card ;)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
When I am speaking about the cost I only mention it for those trying to resell if they open. If those who purchased it hold on to the items more than break up, yes that would keep the numbers low in the secondary market.

The set up and delivery of the item is with out a doubt very nice.

Ryan

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I for one would love to see an Exquisite Golf to go with their SP and SPGU line.

Would be awesome! Problem is, you'd have HUGE hits like Tiger, Jack and Arnie a few second tier hits like Sergio, Bubba, DJ, Player and then a whole bunch of cards that nobody but me would want. Good for the collector, but pretty poor value for the ripper...and thats not really what they are looking for in high end.

SP Authentic was a solid set, but really fell short hit wise. I think there were 4 masters champions in the RC set/crop, yet it gets little pub or excitement. I think its a great set to bring out every 5 years or so, but outside of Rory the 2013 RCs are really going to lack pop. I love likely 2013 RCs like Russell Henley (fellow UGAer), Billy Horschel, Michael Thompson and Derek Ernst....but those guys don't ellicit a big reaction with the casual ripper and non golf fan!

bmc398

May 25, 2009
When I am speaking about the cost I only mention it for those trying to resell if they open. If those who purchased it hold on to the items more than break up, yes that would keep the numbers low in the secondary market.

The set up and delivery of the item is with out a doubt very nice.

Ryan

We know what you mean. The issue is, Tiger has collectors who are NUTS over him. NUTS. Combine that with the fact that very few autos of him were released in 2001-2005 when UD was making a lot of golf cards, he was a 5 or 10 of in 2 or 3 ud sets a year from 2007-2011, and he is still put out in limited quantities in their new releases Tiger Woods is about the hardest guy to flood the market of in the collector space.

Couple that with the fact that at the most you will see only 300 Master Collection autos on ebay/for sale, and most are unique enough that die hard Tiger collectors will snap these up unquestioned for premiums and a set like this is unlikely to be done for a LONG time the oversaturation due to this product is highly unlikely to occur.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Would be awesome! Problem is, you'd have HUGE hits like Tiger, Jack and Arnie a few second tier hits like Sergio, Bubba, DJ, Player and then a whole bunch of cards that nobody but me would want. Good for the collector, but pretty poor value for the ripper...and thats not really what they are looking for in high end.

SP Authentic was a solid set, but really fell short hit wise. I think there were 4 masters champions in the RC set/crop, yet it gets little pub or excitement. I think its a great set to bring out every 5 years or so, but outside of Rory the 2013 RCs are really going to lack pop. I love likely 2013 RCs like Russell Henley (fellow UGAer), Billy Horschel, Michael Thompson and Derek Ernst....but those guys don't ellicit a big reaction with the casual ripper and non golf fan!

Or just include "Exquisite" redemptions like baseball did. Plenty of great deceased cuts could be made and jumbo golf patches should be easy and beautiful because of the sponsors.

I've never had larger $ gains in prospecting than with golf products. Webb Simpson Prismatic Auto $3---US Open $40 BIN hit in seconds.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Or just include "Exquisite" redemptions like baseball did. Plenty of great deceased cuts could be made and jumbo golf patches should be easy and beautiful because of the sponsors.

I've never had larger $ gains in prospecting than with golf products. Webb Simpson Prismatic Auto $3---US Open $40 BIN hit in seconds.

That will probably be your best percentage flip for a long time! I agree that there is a lot of room for percentage and money gains in golf "prospecting" but until a player wins a major you can forget about their cards selling for jack squat.

Adam Scott's 2001 SOTT auto was an $8-$12 card before he won the masters, even though he has almost 30 professional, worldwide wins. Immediate after the masters they pop to $35-40, but are back down closer to $20 as of now. Unless its Tiger, Rory, Phil, Jack or Arnie though, their cards are just not that sought after.