Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Hobby Box break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Fairly excited for this product, even though I think Topps has used the '52 set design waaaaay too much for many products. Still, it is a classic, and seeing it in Chrome is pretty cool. I love the mix of new and older greats as well.

Breakdown:

Refractors: Snell, G. Marquez, Kluber, T. Davidson, Blackmon, LeMahieu. (Two Rockies and two Yankees. Blech!)
X-Fractor: Mookie Betts
Aqua Wave refractor: David Fletcher
Gold/Rose 70th Wave: Al Lopez #03/50 :rolleyes:
Black/Red 70th Mini Diamonds: Joey Gerber #1/5 🤩

52 a.jpg

Autograph: Justin Morneau

52 b.jpg

I like the auto, but I can see where anyone who is not a Twins fan would be disappointed. The auto checklist is a real batch of hits and misses, so this is a hit for me, but there are a lot of bigger hits out there. Nice to get a red #/5--beautiful card--but I am not familiar with Joey Gerber. (Minnesota kid, so won't be hard to check around.)

The most disappointing thing is the condition of the singles. A lot--A LOT--of cards are off-cut. Got some nice singles of the greats, terrible centering. The refractors are mostly good, but not all have perfect centering.

52 c.jpg

I need to sort them and see how many are poorly cut. Good luck to the rest of you breaking!

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
It's too bad they didn't include any of the living players from the original 1952 set on the autograph list. Nice break.

Members online

Latest posts