Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A&G code breakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I have seen a lot of threads lately about this and figured that a sticky is in order.

If you have any cards or advise, help your fellow board members out here. hopefully we can all help to make sure this years winner is a board member.

If you win, let us know so that we can send you a limited edition (staff only) FCB polo shirt. It may seem unimportant, but chicks dig FCB ;)

Thank you P_Manning 18
413-2010-topps-1-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-toppsb-1-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-2-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-2-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-3-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-3-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-4-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-4-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-5-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-5-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-6-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-6-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppss-2-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-toppss-4-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppss-1-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-toppss-5-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppss-3-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-toppss-6-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-7-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-7-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-8-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-8-na-na-front.jpg

413-2010-toppsb-9-na-na-front.jpg
413-2010-topps-9-na-na-front.jpg

onenineeightsix

Jun 26, 2010
Ok heres some hints.

I put players in order not by card number but by sign. All signs are correct with players birthdates so that has nothing to do with it.

However there are two months unnaccounted for: July and September... hmmmm
Four players make up pairs that were born in the same month ( different sign) Lincecum and Jeter both in June and Pedroia and Lee both in August.

Not surprisingly the cards fall in order by sign AND in the numbering. (Lincecum-3-June 15)(Jeter-4-June 26th)(Pedroia-5-August 17th)(Lee-6-August 30th)

Jeter also doesnt have a base card in the set.

Anyone have any other clues theyd like to share PM me or post them here. Really trying to figure this out.

Trying to find lineage between subsets anyway possible. Doing alot of math and dont want to reveal how im coming to these numbers but the number 356 and 365 ( Days in a year, obviously) are coming up alot. EXT mini # 356 is Texeira and # 365 is AJ Burnett (Both Yankees), Jeter has no base card and is the centerpiece for my math ( Also a Yankee), Texeira is the only celestial star with a This Day In History Subset card, On his birth April 11th Apollo 13th was launched. Im finding prime numbers in my math EVERYWHERE also, specifically 3,5,7,11,13.

This has something to do with the Yankees (fairly confident) or at least Derek Jeter, and certainly theres a reson why the months July and September arent accounted for in the Celestial Stars.

Tim Lincecum Card # 3 Birthday June 15th
Derek Jeter # 4 Birthday June 26th
Dustin Pedroia card # 5 Birthday August 17th
Cliff Lee card # 6 Birthday August 30th.

26-15= 11, 30-17=13

11 and 13

Mark Teixeira Born April 11th OTDIH Card states on his birthday Apollo 13 was launched.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
onenineeightsix said:
Ok heres some hints.

I put players in order not by card number but by sign. All signs are correct with players birthdates so that has nothing to do with it.

However there are two months unnaccounted for: July and September... hmmmm
Four players make up pairs that were born in the same month ( different sign) Lincecum and Jeter both in June and Pedroia and Lee both in August.

Not surprisingly the cards fall in order by sign AND in the numbering. (Lincecum-3-June 15)(Jeter-4-June 26th)(Pedroia-5-August 17th)(Lee-6-August 30th)

Jeter also doesnt have a base card in the set.

Anyone have any other clues theyd like to share PM me or post them here. Really trying to figure this out.

Trying to find lineage between subsets anyway possible. Doing alot of math and dont want to reveal how im coming to these numbers but the number 356 and 365 ( Days in a year, obviously) are coming up alot. EXT mini # 356 is Texeira and # 365 is AJ Burnett (Both Yankees), Jeter has no base card and is the centerpiece for my math ( Also a Yankee), Texeira is the only celestial star with a This Day In History Subset card, On his birth April 11th Apollo 13th was launched. Im finding prime numbers in my math EVERYWHERE also, specifically 3,5,7,11,13.

This has something to do with the Yankees (fairly confident) or at least Derek Jeter, and certainly theres a reson why the months July and September arent accounted for in the Celestial Stars.

26-15= 11, 30-17=13

11 and 13

Mark Teixeira Born April 11th OTDIH Card states on his birthday Apollo 13 was launched.

Very interesting stuff right there.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I have learned over the past years that no one shares their info, and for every one person who does, there are
20 ready to take your hints and not share their hints. Good Luck breaking it!

Kevin

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Good luck. I'd love to work on this, but I'm not going to purchase all of the celestial cards just to not get them in the mail before the code is broken. It pays to know people who share scans.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I'm sure it has already been broken, it doesn't help us common folk when past winners get their products
early and have exclusive access to topps employees for questions. The whole, lets do it as a forum is
garbage, you might be the only guy in history to have the niceness to share what you knew. Good Luck.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
Anyone get ahold of any backs? I see there's an ebay auction with all 12 fronts of the Celestial cards, but haven't seen any backs. Won't get my hands on my boxes of A&G for another 3-4 days... :(

Edit: Haha, there's an eBay auction for the back scans for $10.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
schmidtfan20 said:
I'm sure it has already been broken, it doesn't help us common folk when past winners get their products
early and have exclusive access to topps employees for questions. The whole, lets do it as a forum is
garbage, you might be the only guy in history to have the niceness to share what you knew. Good Luck.

Yeah, I've wanted to work on this for the last couple of years but can never get images of the cards in time. I kind of figure it's futile.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
onenineeightsix said:

26-15= 11, 30-17=13

11 and 13

It might be worth noting that the difference (in days) between June 26 and August 17, is 21. CC Sabathia was born on July 21 and his TDIH card is about the moon landing..also "celestial" in nature.

edited to add:

Pedroia and Lee may be more important than you are taking into account as well, their Zodiacs are the link between the months July and September.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
ballcardzdotcom said:
I do now believe that the backs of these cards are critical in cracking the code. On the back of the Vlad card that I have, there are four letters that have a bigger font than the rest. I'm almost positive that this is important.

This was also a fact the last year with the team orange cards, but turned out to be non a factor. maybe this year, heck
more ideas the better even though Im sure it has already been cracked by now.

KEvin

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
ballcardzdotcom said:
I do now believe that the backs of these cards are critical in cracking the code. On the back of the Vlad card that I have, there are four letters that have a bigger font than the rest. I'm almost positive that this is important.

The letters are the ones that should be capitalized, I don't think it's something special... could be wrong, though.

Curious to see if the border is different on each of the backs, where there is a starry night-type graphic.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I've seen a Ned Low card that seems totally out of place - it's a mini and it's some fictional pirate guy - he's got to be some special key to breaking the code.

I guess there are a total of 10 fictional pirate guys - those may be the equivalent of team orange from the 2008 set.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
brouthercard said:
I've seen a Ned Low card that seems totally out of place - it's a mini and it's some fictional pirate guy - he's got to be some special key to breaking the code.

I guess there are a total of 10 fictional pirate guys - those may be the equivalent of team orange from the 2008 set.

Ned Low was far from a fictional pirate...but you may be on to something.

onenineeightsix

Jun 26, 2010
BunchOBull said:
Yeah, Pirates used stars to navigate. So did Galileo Galilei.

Galileo has not only a base card but is metioned twice in the This Day in History inserts. Thats not a coincidence.

Members online