Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any bad/questionable Certified autos pack pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Sly said:
colts1888 said:
drabeklot.jpg

the one on the right is the one in question I have only seen on other like this one

This almost looks like he signed it with an injured hand or with his left-hand.

Has Drabek ever had any arm injuries that would cause him to possibly write sloppy or with his left hand??

Penmanship doesn't usually get better with an injured / left hand.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
Sly said:
colts1888 said:
drabeklot.jpg

the one on the right is the one in question I have only seen on other like this one

This almost looks like he signed it with an injured hand or with his left-hand.

Has Drabek ever had any arm injuries that would cause him to possibly write sloppy or with his left hand??

Penmanship doesn't usually get better with an injured / left hand.

Well, if you think the one on the right is better than the one on the left (though neither are terribly "good"), and considering the one on the right is more of a full name, which generally will happen when you're writting with your off/or an injured hand. It seems a bit sloppier and written a little more slowly.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Lars said:
Snell was confused about his last name for a while - though I don't think he was having his wife and/or cousin sign items.
:D

The Donruss Signature guy from the late 1990s was the immortal Enrique Wilson.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Ian_Snell

jkeys said:
Was some question of Ian Snell having his wife or cousing sign, with a wrong name I beleive...

Very interesting regarding the BR link. The story story that was being told during his time in the minors and the early part of his career was that he had taken his wife's last name of Oquendo out of respect for the family, and then later switched back to Snell.

Regardless, Snell's 2004 stickers are signed as both Ian Oquendo and Ian Snell. He changed his signature starting in 2005 to the more loopy autograph that he still uses, but all versions are authentic signatures.

1988RedSox

Feb 16, 2009
Maine
Stryk said:
I don't have copies of the cards, but Andruw Jones Best Minor League issues have a different autograph than others. When doing a show in the late 90's where he was autographing in Atlanta, I asked him about this. He said, the Best ones where signed by his mom.

That's odd. I hope he was joking. I guess he'd have no reason to joke. Anyhow about a year ago, someone put out a lot of 20-25 Andruw Jones Best Autographed Cards in one lot, and it only sold for about $125. I wonder if they knew something, besides the fact that his career was in decline at that particular moment. I'd be interested to hear more about this.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
1988RedSox said:
Stryk said:
I don't have copies of the cards, but Andruw Jones Best Minor League issues have a different autograph than others. When doing a show in the late 90's where he was autographing in Atlanta, I asked him about this. He said, the Best ones where signed by his mom.

That's odd. I hope he was joking. I guess he'd have no reason to joke. Anyhow about a year ago, someone put out a lot of 20-25 Andruw Jones Best Autographed Cards in one lot, and it only sold for about $125. I wonder if they knew something, besides the fact that his career was in decline at that particular moment. I'd be interested to hear more about this.

1/500 is on ebay right now for $2.51 amd $2.50 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Best-Andruw-Jo ... 3a5a7c2176

Latest posts