Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET - 5/28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
cgilmo said:
I just think some people pay way too much attention to minor league stats. They are very misleading indicators sometimes.

I think people pay to much attention to National League Stats. They are very misleading indicators ALWAYS.

How many players are there in the NL thatcould actually live up to the same ability in the AL?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
vwnut13 said:
cgilmo said:
I just think some people pay way too much attention to minor league stats. They are very misleading indicators sometimes.

I think people pay to much attention to National League Stats. They are very misleading indicators ALWAYS.

How many players are there in the NL thatcould actually live up to the same ability in the AL?

Most if not ALL would have the same ability in the AL. I actually would flip that on you. I think MANY MORE AL players would have a tough transitioning to the NL from the AL. It is a different game, with a multitude of pitching parks, the bunt and hit and run in play more, actually having to bunt, etc.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ballerskrip said:
vwnut13 said:
cgilmo said:

Most if not ALL would have the same ability in the AL. I actually would flip that on you. I think MANY MORE AL players would have a tough transitioning to the NL from the AL. It is a different game, with a multitude of pitching parks, the bunt and hit and run in play more, actually having to bunt, etc.

Put any NL pitcher in the AL East and see how they fare. I challenge any NL pitcher to pitch to anywhere near there level in the AL East vs the NL.

Look at Smoltz and Penny last year in the AL vs NL. Look at Vasquez this year. Fourth in NL CY voting to a 7 ERA.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
vwnut13 said:
ballerskrip said:
vwnut13 said:
cgilmo said:

Put any NL pitcher in the AL East and see how they fare. I challenge any NL pitcher to pitch to anywhere near there level in the AL East vs the NL.

Look at Smoltz and Penny last year in the AL vs NL. Look at Vasquez this year. Fourth in NL CY voting to a 7 ERA.

How about the hitters bud? There are more than one position on the field. How would sloppy pieces of crap like David Ortiz play in the national league? Cold he bunt? Hit and run? Etc.

Yes, I understand more runs are scored in the AL, but that is because it is a LAME league who uses a Dh and has very little strategy. There is no way around that. It doesn't make the AL superior just because more runs are scored, that is silly.

Members online

Latest posts