Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bauer signs with the Dodgers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Wish he could have stayed with my Reds. Don’t know if he’ll like being 2 nd to Kershaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

And third to Buehler? Maybe...

I was mixed on the Mets pursuit of him from the beginning, it’s a lot of money for a guy who wouldn’t even be your 1, and yeah last year was great...but it was against the NL and AL central only, which aren’t exactly the best divisions in baseball. He hasn’t really been dominant for a long period of time, maybe he put it together and will be from here on out, maybe not...

Also not sure what to think of his demands (if they were that) to pitch every four days.

Finally...what does deGrom ask for and get when his deal is up? Two Cys and a finalist for a third...that’s sustained success...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Not a Dodgers fan per say but I don't dislike them either. This move really has me scratching my head. IMO, they were already deep enough with starters and I don't see this signing really addressing much of a current need. From what I have read and my understanding, this places them well above the luxury tax threshold. Making this signing even more expensive for the Dodgers than just what they are paying Bauer and much less able to sign or resign depth in regards to position players. What am I missing? Were the defending WS champs really that concerned with the moves the Padres made?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I did NOT time my Bauer Dodgers Auto/5 purchase very well.

One thing I have learned though over the years when trying to find steals is that negative press doesn't always, in fact almost never, seems to affect card prices that much in the long term. Short term, maybe a bit more.

Good cards and heavily collected players who have been tainted by something in past may see a general decline for basic stuff, but the hard to find, rare or really unique stuff still sells well and if the player eventually becomes one of the greats (thinking Bauer falls short of this), then it's the same story.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I did NOT time my Bauer Dodgers Auto/5 purchase very well.

One thing I have learned though over the years when trying to find steals is that negative press doesn't always, in fact almost never, seems to affect card prices that much in the long term. Short term, maybe a bit more.

Good cards and heavily collected players who have been tainted by something in past may see a general decline for basic stuff, but the hard to find, rare or really unique stuff still sells well and if the player eventually becomes one of the greats (thinking Bauer falls short of this), then it's the same story.

I would say in general that's true, as long as the negative press doesn't actually affect their production. The main exception I can think of would be Bonds, but that's an extreme case because he is very hated for cheating to break beloved records. I'm sure he has plenty of cards that sell for a lot, but they'd sell for a lot more without the steroid stuff.

Latest posts