Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS - resubbing? feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
hey guys, once again... with the wealth of information people have here... figured this would be a good place to ask.

when it comes to cards already graded by BGS, I noticed since I've been reading more here people mentioning resubbing and resubmitting hoping to get sub bumps... is there any particular reason or strategy as to why people would think the card could get a bump up?

(old labels, or older gradings which may have been more strict? card just visibly looks to be a better grade than you see?)

the reason I ask is I have a card which on the centering subgrade absolutely bombed

average without centering was 8.5 but average with the subgrade was 5.5 (i think the centering was a 4)

the centering on the front of the card looks great, the back is however severely offcenter.. I thought they gave a lot more leeway to the backs figured it would still be better than a 4 though. what would you do in this situation?

the 5.5 overall is ugly enough to make me want to resubmit it to just be slabbed as authentic if nothing else.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
riveraXVX said:
hey guys, once again... with the wealth of information people have here... figured this would be a good place to ask.

when it comes to cards already graded by BGS, I noticed since I've been reading more here people mentioning resubbing and resubmitting hoping to get sub bumps... is there any particular reason or strategy as to why people would think the card could get a bump up?

(old labels, or older gradings which may have been more strict? card just visibly looks to be a better grade than you see?)

the reason I ask is I have a card which on the centering subgrade absolutely bombed

average without centering was 8.5 but average with the subgrade was 5.5 (i think the centering was a 4)

the centering on the front of the card looks great, the back is however severely offcenter.. I thought they gave a lot more leeway to the backs figured it would still be better than a 4 though. what would you do in this situation?

the 5.5 overall is ugly enough to make me want to resubmit it to just be slabbed as authentic if nothing else.
Pics would help more with you question. I bought an old label Mauer x that had no auto grade.
It had all 9 subs. I just regraded it and it came back 2 x 9 and 2 x 9.5 so i agree about them being stricter in the past.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
I didn't post the pic up just to get some feedback of why people normally get them done. this isn't an old label or anything not a baseball card, but still, card is the card on right:

jordan1.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
riveraXVX said:
I didn't post the pic up just to get some feedback of why people normally get them done. this isn't an old label or anything not a baseball card, but still, card is the card on right:

jordan1.jpg
I would resub, maybe even try Psa?

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
riveraXVX said:

jordan1.jpg

I think the back of the card pretty much justifies the grade of a 4 for centering. The back is not only misprinted, but miscut. The card number is cut in half almost. In my opinion, you will be lucky to get it bumped to a 5 centering, is that worth the extra money to you for a shot?

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
AndruwHRJones said:
Missed the part about re-subbing to get it slabbed as authentic. Yes, that is what I would do.

thanks dude, that is kinda what I was looking for... seems like it'd be the sensible thing to do with it if the 5.5 really bugs me that bad... I knew it would get a bad score for centering, I just underestimated just how bad, if they slab it as authentic would they leave the same notations? (IE: misprinted back)

that was honestly the only thing i really cared about when i had them grade it was to show that it was a legit card and not just something i homebrewed in photoshop

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
riveraXVX said:
AndruwHRJones said:
Missed the part about re-subbing to get it slabbed as authentic. Yes, that is what I would do.

thanks dude, that is kinda what I was looking for... seems like it'd be the sensible thing to do with it if the 5.5 really bugs me that bad... I knew it would get a bad score for centering, I just underestimated just how bad, if they slab it as authentic would they leave the same notations? (IE: misprinted back)

that was honestly the only thing i really cared about when i had them grade it was to show that it was a legit card and not just something i homebrewed in photoshop

If graded authentic, the label name should remain the same.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
also to the person who suggested maybe PSA... PSA won't grade it. I went through hell trying to find a reputable grader that would grade the card, let alone grade it and label it as a misprinted back. BGS came through on it though. next batch of submissions I'll have to send it back their way to go for authentic even if it got bumped up to a 6 or a 6.5... what am I even thinking there I'd be just as bummed as if it were a 5.5 haha authentic is the route for me i do believe!

Members online

Latest posts