Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Lol, the entitlement attitude on here is hilarious. Someone always wants some thing for nothing.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

So, just to be clear........

Something is up for bid, i win said auction, i pay for the auction and expect that the seller lives up to his part of the bargain is in some way is me wanting something for free or part of a wider "sense of entitlement"

If I do my part and pay the stated price, my sense is that my transaction is honored.

Like your political ranking, this again shows your inability to grasp the concept of honoring your obligations...

now that i've addressed this garbage, I'd say take the 10 dollar gift card and call it a day. hopefuly some day the good will is paid back.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
So, just to be clear........

Something is up for bid, i win said auction, i pay for the auction and expect that the seller lives up to his part of the bargain is in some way is me wanting something for free or part of a wider "sense of entitlement"

If I do my part and pay the stated price, my sense is that my transaction is honored.

Like your political ranking, this again shows your inability to grasp the concept of honoring your obligations...

now that i've addressed this garbage, I'd say take the 10 dollar gift card and call it a day. hopefuly some day the good will is paid back.

Yes, it is entitlement when you expect a card for a wrong price.

I've probably spent well over a thousand dollars in numerous transactions and have never had a problem with Burbank that they couldn't fix. They've even sent me wrong cards but Stephen at Burbank always replies quickly and gets my cards out quickly. They even let me keep the wrong cards that they sent after I offered to ship them back. Why did I offer to ship them back? Because I'M NOT ENTITLED to them. Mistakes are going to happen, especially with big companies like them.

31824783.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yes, it is entitlement when you expect a card for a wrong price.

I've probably spent well over a thousand dollars in numerous transactions and have never had a problem with Burbank that they couldn't fix. They've even sent me wrong cards but Stephen at Burbank always replies quickly and gets my cards out quickly. They even let me keep the wrong cards that they sent after I offered to ship them back. Why did I offer to ship them back? Because I'M NOT ENTITLED to them. Mistakes are going to happen, especially with big companies like them.

Most of us here could care less of whether it is Burbank or a guy selling 10 cards a year. I think that's what you are not comprehending.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
What you're not comprehending is that a guy selling 10 cards a year should be less likely to make a mistake...

How many dumb comments do you get on here that Burbank should just eat it because they make a lot of money. Same old stupid tax the rich more ideal.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
What you're not comprehending is that a guy selling 10 cards a year should be less likely to make a mistake...

How many dumb comments do you get on here that Burbank should just eat it because they make a lot of money. Same old stupid tax the rich more ideal.

They shouldnt eat it because they are rich, they should eat it because they are responsible for honoring their auction.

As many have said, when you make a mistake, sometimes you pay for it.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
If I was the seller trying to back out of this, you can bet eBay would be all over my ass to honor the deal. I don't see why Burbank thinks they're exempt.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX

Ah yes, why should big businesses be help accountable for anything, they should just be able to do whatever the hell they want!

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
How is it entitlement when the buyer accepted the sale price of the card as listed - then paid without any problems - only to be contacted after the fact. Wouldnt that reverse the entitlement? Wouldnt that be Burbank feeling entitled to not fullfil their obligation that they commited to when they incorrectly listed said item and failed to correct the error in which they are responsible to do?

Its not like the buyer was hunting out the wrong listings trying to snatch them all up and screw over Burbank. There appears to be no malice on the buyer's behalf. Although there does seem to be some whining and crying from Burbank, who really needs to take this issue up with Beckett (which we all know works like a steamy pile of dog sh*t trying to roll uphill).

In the end - I say stick to your purchase. Whether you receive the card or not who knows, but Burbank wont be selling to you in the future...And thats not all that bad really.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It certainly is an entitlement issue. Mistakes happen and to take advantage of someone else's mistake is wrong. A good person would simply let it go after hearing that it was mistakenly priced because that is the right thing to do. The WRONG thing to do is to expect someone to pay for their mistake when they don't have to. It's common sense, really.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
It certainly is an entitlement issue. Mistakes happen and to take advantage of someone else's mistake is wrong. A good person would simply let it go after hearing that it was mistakenly priced because that is the right thing to do. The WRONG thing to do is to expect someone to pay for their mistake when they don't have to. It's common sense, really.

It totally makes sense you have taken that opinion...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
What if Burbank just said "oops we don't have this card any longer, but will offer you $10 credit for our mistake"? Would everyone be like "that's bullshhit!" Or would this thread of even been started? Would you demand the card anyways or wait, they don't have it?

I'm playing devils advocate here because I think BB made an honest error and they're just trying to make it right... Just my opinion... OP can do whatever he would like but for me I would take the $10 and keep moving!

WaxPax

So, if you made an error in the listing, you would NOT honor the price, and do the right thing for your customer...is this what you are saying?

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California

Someone on fcb actually has common sense. Holy crap...

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah dude but then again, the seller messed up. I don't think that is an entitlement thing.

eBay has shown time and time again that their auctions are not legally binding contracts so while it sucks they messed the listing up, they dont have to offer or do anything.

The buyer here will get nothing if he pushes the issue and is lucky to be getting a $10 offer from them.

Would you sell a Dylan Bundy gold refractor auto for $5.00 because you accidentally entered it wrong? Hell no you wouldnt.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
So, if you made an error in the listing, you would NOT honor the price, and do the right thing for your customer...is this what you are saying?

I would tell them that I made a mistake and would hope that they would understand and not take advantage of my mistake. People make mistakes all the time in life and shouldn't have to "pay" for them when it's unnecessary to do so.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I would tell them that I made a mistake and would hope that they would understand and not take advantage of my mistake. People make mistakes all the time in life and shouldn't have to "pay" for them when it's unnecessary to do so.

You know, I'm going to go ahead and apologize for my snark since you're actually closer to what I think than I thought.

where I differ is most people would understand that there was an error and go ahead and take the offer. If the buyer refuses, burbank should take the loss and block the seller going forward. As i said in my original post, I would accept the giftcard and move on with my life. Asking for them to honor their commitment is not "entitlement" but rather the RIGHT thing to do.

Members online

Latest posts