Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DAN UGGLA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
spahnandsain said:
I'm not saying he's mark lemke, :D but geez guys it not even to the Allstar break. Braves are contending, he could catch fire, maybe I'm a Homer.

Told you so. :D

31 game hit streak, ties Rico Carty for braves record.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
If he breaks the record, or even gets close, he won't be knows as the guy who committed 12 errors in one inning
in the all star game.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
If he breaks the record, or even gets close, he won't be knows as the guy who committed 12 errors in one inning
in the all star game.

No, he will be known as the most improbable hitting streak ever. 22 of the 30 games he had 1 hit.

superwhat

Jun 19, 2010
Just a side note;

Uggla entered todays game hitting .345 (41-for-119) with 12 homers and a .689 slugging percentage during current streak.

ral72

Aug 8, 2008
Schwenksville, PA
superwhat said:
Just a side note;

Uggla entered todays game hitting .345 (41-for-119) with 12 homers and a .689 slugging percentage during current streak.

Too bad those wacky statisticians count April, May, and June into the overall season stats!!

Seriously, though, I really can't see him going much further. The low 30's is where a lot of streaks die off. Seems like there is one every season.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
ral72 said:
superwhat said:
Just a side note;

Too bad those wacky statisticians count April, May, and June into the overall season stats!!

Seriously, though, I really can't see him going much further. The low 30's is where a lot of streaks die off. Seems like there are at least 2 or 3 every season.

17th player since 1941 to hit in 31 straight, so its actually far rarer than you would think to even get this far

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I'm curious where he ranks as far as where he has batted in the lineup. Batting leadoff and getting a 50 game hitting streak is less impressive than batting 9th and hitting 40 in a row imo.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Wow, never thought less of a ball player than I do of zambrano now.

GO UGGS!

Edit: I don't think there is anything scarier than eric hinske running out of the dugout giving you a death stare! Ha!

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Uggla just hit his 2nd home run of the game and the 5th of the night for the Braves.. Zambrano just got tossed for throwing at Chipper... Some bad blood in this series going back a few years with Ted Lilly throwing at Edgar Renteria in Atlanta

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
hockeyfights said:
Uggla just hit his 2nd home run of the game and the 5th of the night for the Braves.. Zambrano just got tossed for throwing at Chipper... Some bad blood in this series going back a few years with Ted Lilly throwing at Edgar Renteria in Atlanta

comon man, I don't think anyone on this team is really thinking about that

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
cgilmo said:
hockeyfights said:

comon man, I don't think anyone on this team is really thinking about that
Uh, pretty sure I heard Freddie Freeman say he remembers watching that in middle school and that's fuel for the series.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
hockeyfights said:

elmalo?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts