Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Decisions Decisions.. my player signing locally in 2 weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
1st4040 said:
ronfromfresno said:
Great looking card, 1992 Pinnacle Slugfest or the 1990 Examiners Best 8 x 10's as well.

This card is high gloss and looks like its meant for an on card auto.. what ink would be good for it to not smudge?

I think I'll have it inscribed

ROY 86
MVP 88
1st 40/40 man

I'd do a green ink, may be blue, because they'll stand out. But, I have no idea what type of pen though.

hofautos said:
This is his key rookie, not topps...pay extra to have it inscribed

you can get one of his more "oddball rookies" signed, but it won't be as classic or carry as much weight, but if thats what you want in your pc....wouldn't be my choice.
1st 40-40
1986 ROY
1988 AL MVP

1986_Canseco.jpg

I AGREE 100% with what HOF said. GET THE 86 DONE. It was THE card to have at one time. Get it inscribed. Trust me, if your going to get a card signed this is the one. Hands down. Get it inscribed with one of the above inscriptions.

1st4040 said:
ronfromfresno said:
Great looking card, 1992 Pinnacle Slugfest or the 1990 Examiners Best 8 x 10's as well.

This card is high gloss and looks like its meant for an on card auto.. what ink would be good for it to not smudge?

I think I'll have it inscribed

ROY 86
MVP 88
1st 40/40 man

make sure you rub the card down in baby powder or talcom powder first. it takes the glass off and the ink will not run. Get it done in blue. i still say to get the 86 donruss done

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Big Mac McGwire said:
I AGREE 100% with what HOF said. GET THE 86 DONE. It was THE card to have at one time. Get it inscribed. Trust me, if your going to get a card signed this is the one. Hands down. Get it inscribed with one of the above inscriptions.

I plan to buy the Recollection collection certified auto of this card.. I don't personally care to have any base copy of it autographed as I can't stand the look of the card at all and its not for resale anyway.. its for me personally. The card I posted the link to above is more of what Im looking for.. clean design and an action photo of this legendary swing along with a nice area on the side begging for auto and inscription to fill it out.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
1st4040 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

The card I posted the link to above is more of what Im looking for.. clean design and an action photo of this legendary swing along with a nice area on the side begging for auto and inscription to fill it out.

I personally don't like cards where you can't see the players face (unless that is his key rc)....where the design is "OK", i wouldn't want that one signed....maybe a mothers cookies or colla, if you really don't want his classic key card (mistake imo).
01F.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
!BVDwB8!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CwEjlLlwwEDBKQmrord9Q~~_12.jpg!BdnZrj!!mk~$(KGrHqQH-DIErdzeYJD6BK5ujuF+fw~~_12.jpg

heres one his rookie year too..this one would be cool
!BdnYGEQ!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-CcErfFL9T3CBK5u,y8w7Q~~_12.jpg

wouldn't recommend this one...you woudl get too many jokes from people about him playing with his "bat"
!BdnZ1Vw!mk~$(KGrHqYH-CgEre42zzGLBK5ukkQ-9Q~~_12.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
obviously our taste is much different.. you guys prefer auto'd rookie cards and I personally don't care to limit it to just a rookie card. Since this is not for resale (IP or TTM Canseco's have no market value anyway) there's no point to limit the card to older issued pieces IMO. The HR king card may not have big collector value but its never gonna be sold so that doesn't matter to me.. the card is simply designed with a good A's picture of his giant swing and has a nice white background pefect for the auto to pop. Hell if I could afford to replace one of my Crusades I would have the Green one auto'd since I like that card alot too.

how about something for a cut auto custom? HOFauto's you seem to be the man for that since you've been doing them. standard index card stock or something else better than that?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
1st4040 said:
obviously our taste is much different.. you guys prefer auto'd rookie cards and I personally don't care to limit it to just a rookie card. Since this is not for resale (IP or TTM Canseco's have no market value anyway) there's no point to limit the card to older issued pieces IMO. The HR king card may not have big collector value but its never gonna be sold so that doesn't matter to me.. the card is simply designed with a good A's picture of his giant swing and has a nice white background pefect for the auto to pop. Hell if I could afford to replace one of my Crusades I would have the Green one auto'd since I like that card alot too.

how about something for a cut auto custom? HOFauto's you seem to be the man for that since you've been doing them. standard index card stock or something else better than that?

How many autos are you planning on getting?

If it were me, I think a ball is a must as #1, then #2 would be a nice photo (whether it's an 8x10 or a card). Make sure it's a photo you'll enjoy for yourself though obviously.

I agree, Rookie card vs. Great Action Shot...I'd take the action shot any day of the week!

Here my 2 cents on when getting a IP auto at a game or getting something signed during a signing.

1. IF you go with a card, get a card that you like the most, and a card that you can not find signed anywhere. The arod SP rookie is an exception since authenticity has been questioned on alot that pop up. Get a card that is unique. The 86 Donruss does have a recollection, but i dont really ever see signed 86' pop up.

2. Why get a ball when you can get a ball Anywhere?? Unless your gonna get a sweet inscription.

3. If getting a picture, get the photo you like the most, get a unique photo.

4. GET SOMETHING SIGNED THAT YOU CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE , anywhere as in ebay,steiner,dealers etc.

5. Don't get something that you can always pick up somewhere else.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
1st4040, does Canseco have a Prime Patches Jumbo Patch card, just plain jersey swatch?

I got Clarks auto on one at the same signing as my jacket, to me it makes a nice looking piece as well. Plus you get an auto'ed jersey and card all in one piece.

2005PrimePatchesPortraitsIPAuto.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I wish he had one.. its a 1/1 and I don't own it. that would look sweet if he did have one /100 like alot of the other players had.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice card thenumberonemetfan!

I personally would also go with the 86 RR but that's just me.I always loved that card!I remember wanting it very badly!Now I have like three of them.

There are thousands to choose from I'm sure.If I didn't get the 86 RR signed...I'd probably do what somebody else said and go for the score dream team.Just use a silver sharpie and be very sure its brand new.Test it once on something.Just barely see if it works correctly and then don't use it for anything else.That way the auto will come out nice and thin.That's the good thing about regular sharpies...they don't normally smear and when you buy them brand new...they are very thin when used the first few times making the auto look nice and neat.Trust me...I got Jim Deshaies on a few cards because I simply didn't have anything else for him to sign and they are light years apart.One looks like crap while the other looks like a masterpiece simply because one marker was brand new and the other had a fat tip after use.

And if I were you...I would indeed get a bat and a ball signed.Trust me on that. You can get a black rawlings big stick bat for $20 and an OLMB for $11.A lot of people here are mentioning photos and cards...but IMO...a displayed bat and/or ball look way better.Once you get a few of those going...I am sure you would agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts