Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Didn't think it was possible.....but......WWE/UFC related

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well, I didn't think it was possible, but John Cena just got even less cool to me.

n an interview with Boston.com, John Cena talks about how he isn't a big fan of the UFC.

“It’s just not something that particularly interests me. UFC is where boxing was years ago, and I was never really into boxing, either. [WWE is] regulated entertainment that’s safe for anyone to enjoy. (The UFC) can be pretty over the top, and it’s not something I’d want my children to watch."

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Sam I havent watched wrestling in a long time, so maybe you can answer for me. Do they still do extreme matches with mick foley, have guys saying suck it, and lingerie matches with the women?

If so, I dont see how he can say anything about not wanting his kids to watch MMA when he partakes in stuff like the above.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
JzWand said:
Sam I havent watched wrestling in a long time, so maybe you can answer for me. Do they still do extreme matches with mick foley, have guys saying suck it, and lingerie matches with the women?

If so, I dont see how he can say anything about not wanting his kids to watch MMA when he partakes in stuff like the above.

WWE doesn't. They are actually rated PG now. They used to be MA during the Attitude Era I believe. But Vince has tried really hard to get that PG rating at the beginning of his show.

I don't particularly care for it.

It's too the point where Bret Hart said 'damn' last night and it took me by surprise.

TNA is pretty much MA content though. They're just horrible though.

But WWE is as kid friendly now as possible, and John Cena is their white knight.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Has anyone ever died during an MMA event or due to injuries caused during an MMA match/event?...I've never heard of any, but I can't say the same for the wrestling on television... :? :D

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I have no problems with Cena. Seems like a classy guy and is great to his fans. Also does tons of Make a Wish work.

As for mma, I believe there was at least one death so far. Forgot who...

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
JzWand said:

Wow, I never heard of any death's in MMA...but after reading the article's it sounds like it is from the extreme lower tier of the sport (which could be wired with MANY faults & problems...one of which that stood out on the above's link being poor officiating- most likely should've been stopped before it got that far). I don't believe any death's have occurred in the bigger promotion's (UFC, Pride, Strikeforce, Bellator, WEC/UFC, etc.) & the death that I was referring to in wrestling occurred to Brett Hart's brother (Owen Hart?) & it occurred with the largest promotion at the time (I believe?).

Cena is welcome to his opinion but that's all it is (& opinion's can be wrong ;) ).

Members online

Latest posts