Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Bidders to Block/Sellers and Breakers to Avoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sep 4, 2008
Orange County, CA
Re: Ebay Bidders to Block

tspinn77 - he is mentioned a few times on here, should have taken the advice.

dropped in mail day after he paid....tracking shows it being accepted at a sort facility but then it doesn't get updated again till 4 days later.....obviously something wrong with USPS on this package is moving slower than normal. Despite tracking showing it out for delivery today he tells me that if I don't send him a refund he will open a case (which he can since he paid 7 days ago)

Then follows up with an email telling me he is going to be returning the card for a refund....before he even gets the card.

just a headache I think is worth avoiding.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA

TNTNORTHNJ -- block this farging acehole. i dont give a rats ass about hiim having 100000+ feedback or any good he provided 5 years ago. i won 5 BDPP chrome autos from him at once. he shipped 1 of the 5. i politely sent 2 messages to him 3 days apart jsut asking to send the other 4, nothign else. i never got a reply so i opened a case against him 2 days ago still with no reply. i checked his feedback today and within the last month he has 45 negs and 23 neutrals and it seems to be getting worse. all with the same feedback essage of him starting to scam people out of not shipping cards or shipping damaged cardsa dn snot returning messages. i have bought from him before with no problems. oh yes and the kicker... on the second message i sent i todl him i would be opening up a case if i didnt get a response, i did get one response. he put up a quick delivery conformation number on my order even thought he envelope he sent the card in had no tracking on it at all, just the stamps to cover postage. what a corksooker

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis

bowmanchromeandorr said:
TNTNORTHNJ -- block this farging acehole. i dont give a rats ass about hiim having 100000+ feedback or any good he provided 5 years ago. i won 5 BDPP chrome autos from him at once. he shipped 1 of the 5. i politely sent 2 messages to him 3 days apart jsut asking to send the other 4, nothign else. i never got a reply so i opened a case against him 2 days ago still with no reply. i checked his feedback today and within the last month he has 45 negs and 23 neutrals and it seems to be getting worse. all with the same feedback essage of him starting to scam people out of not shipping cards or shipping damaged cardsa dn snot returning messages. i have bought from him before with no problems. oh yes and the kicker... on the second message i sent i todl him i would be opening up a case if i didnt get a response, i did get one response. he put up a quick delivery conformation number on my order even thought he envelope he sent the card in had no tracking on it at all, just the stamps to cover postage. what a corksooker

Very strange, as I was reading this ebay sent me an email asking me to fill out a survey about this seller. I have purchased from them four times (most recent on the 15th), and had a difficult time getting him to combine multiple BIN cards into one invoice this most recent time, took about eight days. Not a big deal from my end, and the cards arrived safely and securely. I just hope he/she is doing ok as they always have cards that I want, and has a great combined shipping policy. Sorry about your experience but ebay must have been alerted if they are sending out surveys about him to people.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

not trying to be a dick, but you're not going to convince too many people to block tntnorthnj
he is one of the biggest case breakers and single card sellers on ebay, and he gets his cases 1st

on an unrelated note, I went to bid on a card a few months ago from a seller I'd never bought from, and he had me blocked.
messaged him to ask why, and he had no idea, but said that all his blocked bidders were someone he was told to block

only time on ebay this has ever happened to me

bmc398

May 25, 2009

chashawk said:
not trying to be a dick, but you're not going to convince too many people to block tntnorthnj
he is one of the biggest case breakers and single card sellers on ebay, and he gets his cases 1st

on an unrelated note, I went to bid on a card a few months ago from a seller I'd never bought from, and he had me blocked.
messaged him to ask why, and he had no idea, but said that all his blocked bidders were someone he was told to block

You're letting past experiences with him cloud your judgement....

His recent selling practices make him somebody I don't want to deal with anymore.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA

bmc398 said:
chashawk said:

You're letting past experiences with him cloud your judgement....

His recent selling practices make him somebody I don't want to deal with anymore.

exactly, the past couple of months he has gone way downhill. i had bought from him in the past so i figured why not. i was wrong. al the negs that cat has is gonn akill him. i hoep nothign bad happened but sounds lik something did. right now, i wont buy from him.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

I just bought from TNT 2 weeks ago. Paid the day after the auction ended and had my cards 4 days later.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

sky-ice!

This guy wins a card from me. I then get his information and part of it lists him in California and the other information in Hong Kong. I ask him "Where DO you live? I need to know so I can give you the right shipping charge." Then in some horribly broken semi-coherent English, he tells me its none of my business where he lives. I remind him that I cant mail to him unless I have an accurate shipping address and location. He then responds in an icon/character laden tirade of an email that I was able to use a translation to decipher that he was calling my mother a goat licker and that I could forget about being paid. I blocked him, opened a cancel transaction note on it and am waiting for it to happen so I can sell it to someone else.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

chashawk said:

This is the reason I'm always skeptical when someone says to block someone else. There are always two sides to a story and each side is going to exaggerate to a point when telling their story. Nothing wrong with giving people a heads up but people should do their own research on someone as well instead of just taking someone else at their word.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA

bowmanchromeandorr said:

case was escalated today since i never heard from tnt , ebay ruled in my favor. they said i got a partial refund today and rest will show up in a couple of days. i happy i guess. i would rather have gotten the cards. i've been on ebay for 9 years and this is the first time i ever had to open a case, and it was agaisnt someone i have bought from in the past, hec i had bought from them just a week before this issue happened with no problem.

wkpeters3213

Feb 16, 2011
SOUTH BAY

Here are a two sellers know for selling fake patches. They both burned me. Check sportscarduncensored.com for more info on fake patches and other eBay sellers to watchout for.

steelerswheel71

watchmanfan

Bad for OUR hobby.

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008

estore-direct ... Left me negative because they thought I was shilling, once I proved I wasn't shilling they demanded a partial refund because they overpaid for the cards and couldn't resell them for a profit. Had to give a partial refund to have the negative removed. Here is the post about it...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125499

EricInCT said:
I wish I had the free time to research who to block. In 6 years I have never blocked anyone.

Why would you block a potential buyer that has done nothing to wrong you?! Unless you know of verifiable cases where other people he/she have been wronged (stolen, retaliatory negative FB, etc.) by a buyer/seller. I've been blocked by an ARIZONA seller who (long story short) STOLE AN ENTIRE BO JACKSON COLLECTION from a friend of mine in Oregon. Somehow that seller found out that the rightful owner (he made one payment to him, then stopped--$4500 short) was a casual acquaintance of mine (back in the day you could see who was bidding on what) and blocked me. I am probably, currently, the #1/#2 buyer of Bo Jackson cards remaining on E-Bay and this guy has me blocked for no reason. Stupid! It's not like I couldn't get a friend/relative to buy a card if I really wanted it. It doesn't stop someone from bidding, just makes it more difficult.

chashawk said:

The same thing happened to me about a month ago, but the seller never replied to my inquiry. His loss.

bmc398

May 25, 2009

I don't think theres anybody on here who is just wholesale blocking everybody that pops up on this list.

I usually only add them after a few board members can corroborate the story.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

dscards111- won 8 auctions from me on February 20th-25. Had 0 feedback when he bid. Now has 33, so I'm EVIDENTLY the only one that he didn't pay for. Was very cordial and gave him MORE THAN ENOUGH time to pay.

Oh well, **** happens.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground

bye_hi_sell_low

Another deadbeat buyer...claims he didn't want to buy the cards he won because he "just pulled them in a pack" the next day. Wow...you win two auctions and then proceed to buy boxes of Playoff Contenders and Topps BB the next day and pull the exact same two cards you bid on. Amazing.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010

For anyone shipping 50 cards a week should obviously be buying their bubble mailers in bulk and should be paying under .15 a piece shipped. A simple ebay search will find those prices. A 2 oz package with D/C and bubble mailer costs less then $2. Of course most sellers would like to guarantee a $1 or $2 profit every sale by making the shipping and handlling $2.99 or $3.99. These are prices for unslabbed cards, but the difference is minimal for the extra 2 oz that a encased card weighs vs a regular top loader. If you are using ebay to ship, the buyer can't see how much you paid anyway, so I'm not sure why so many of you are running into this problem. The bottom line is if you don't like the shipping price, either make a lower bid and include the shipping in your bid or don't bid at all. For those that have been banned it is too bad they didnt offer a warning 1st. On the other hand, if your charging $3.99 for shipping and go to P.O. and they put a $2.02 stamp on it, it is shoving it in the buyers face that you made atleast $1.50 after cost of bubblle mailer on the shipping and you may deserve a low rating. That is why ebay gives you the option to print from them, save $$ on shipping and the buyer dosent see how much it cost, hence they have no basis to complain.

James618

Mar 2, 2009
Southern California

Ebay ID: coolpapabell

Reason: Requested 4 extension(3.5 weeks) on $100 item he won using Best Offer feature. Item wasnt paid for and extensions werent discussed prior

bmc398

May 25, 2009

James618 said:
Ebay ID: coolpapabell

Reason: Requested 4 extension(3.5 weeks) on $100 item he won using Best Offer feature. Item wasnt paid for and extensions werent discussed prior
Interesting. Guy bought a $3500 card from me and paid up right away.

Transaction was off eBay tho.

Members online

Latest posts